Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
any news on the outcome of the secret commissions?

The final, final hearing is in a few short weeks so all will hopefully be 100% decided then :-)

I am trying not to give too much away on here as I know my unwelcome guests are watching, but what I can say is that there have been several 'developments' since the appeal that show them for what they are.

The only comment I feel it fair to make at this stage is; if anybody has ever had dealings with welcome and their legal team and as a result forms a certain opinion about them, multiply that opinion by a million and you will probably be somewhere near the truth.

Unfortunately their 'efforts' are in vain with me, just call me Eagle Eyes! :madgrin:

Sorry for being so cryptic, trust no-one :mad2:

I know, they will also try and say you have had poor advice from intenet sites on your case, just in case print out this thread (and add it to your charges) and state that this is the only forum used.

Was used against a PDL company who said that the person wasn't going to pay and didn't want to pay or communicate in any way. That clearly was not the case!

One wonders now how many abuses of the courts have taken place prior to the internet giving people chances to fight back.

I know, they will also try and say you have had poor advice from intenet sites on your case, just in case print out this thread (and add it to your charges) and state that this is the only forum used.

Was used against a PDL company who said that the person wasn't going to pay and didn't want to pay or communicate in any way. That clearly was not the case!

One wonders now how many abuses of the courts have taken place prior to the internet giving people chances to fight back.

Oh they've already tried that one! They listed this thread as part of their Standard Disclosure :madgrin: Well if the advice was that poor I'm sure a very well esteemed High Court Judge and Goode: Consumer Credit Law and Practice would not have supported my claims!

After all these years spent fighting against them I'm phased very little by their tricks and games, in fact I expect nothing less from them. This last effort is especially despicable though, let's hope it doesn't end up backfiring on them eh?? :!:

After all these years spent fighting against them I'm phased very little by their tricks and games, in fact I expect nothing less from them. This last effort is especially despicable though, let's hope it doesn't end up backfiring on them eh??

I'm dying to know more! Good luck with it :)

All getting rather exciting now!

It is! It's so exciting I can barely contain myself some days! :madgrin: I'll be the first to admit I have struggled terribly at times with the stress of this case, to such a point where I've been really ill. I suspect that's why they continue to underestimate me; the last time they saw me I will openly say I was a wreck throughout the entire hearing. Luckily, the appeal was delayed for 2 weeks due to problems with the transcript so I had time to get to the docs and get some help or I might not have seen it through at all!

But here we are, almost a year later and I'm stronger and more determined than I ever was. Couple that with everything I've learnt about dirty tricks and all the support I get on here and I won't be walked over by anybody ever again, no matter who they are :mad2:

In fairness to the other side, I wouldn't have been able to get this far if they hadn't kept tripping themselves up and underestimating my capabilities :!:

If ever I didn't say thanks enough for the unfaltering support I get here I'll say it again now just in case.

:kiss:

I wish you well with it too.

Thank you :-) I suppose what it comes down to in the end is whether the judges involved from here on forward stick to the facts or get their heads turned by legal teams as opposed to LiPs. But having said that, that's always been the main battle I've had to fight all along.

Oher judgements are not relevant to this particular case as Welcome are the OC - but not the claimant.

However, if you feel you have some important information -rather than being cryptic - please share - it may help others. (did Welcome actually win a case?)

It wasn't WFS I was referring to.

I will leave you to DYOR.

So how does this fit your reply in your post, (1795), that was a response to my post about Welcome?

Not much point in searching -cannot be relevant to my post?

Unless of course it is realy aimed at the OP - and an attempt to intimidate them prior to the hearing - anyone would think you are the solicitor acting for Welcome.

If it is about commissions and brokers forget it - none of the cases ever quoted have the same set of circumstances as Hurstanger. Especially the often quoted Harrison v Blackhorse case as it was quite clear that Blackhorse were not acting as a broker.

Edited by dadofholly

Just for the record, I have never made a claim against anyone regarding fiduciary or agency relationships or breach of fiduciary duty. I have made a claim against somebody that the relationship between creditor and debtor was unfair to the debtor for several reasons, one of which being the payment of secret commission.

It is my understanding that if one does not make an allegation then a defence to an allegation that was never made is not necessary. If I may be so bold to quote The Honourable Lord Justice Beatson:

"The reference to secret commission and the absence of any reference to the regulatory regime and the unfair relationships provisions, suggest that the judge was not clearly distinguishing between an argument based on an agency relationship and one based on the statutory regime governing consumer credit."

Even so, considering my very limited knowledge, I would have thought that if a person pays somebody to do something on their behalf the recipient would therefore act as an agent for the person that is making the payment??