Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wanabedebtfreesoon

xx

xx

Welcome Financial Services

Compliance

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

Ng11 Gnz

Date

Agreement Number

unlawful Repossession

fourteen Day Letter Before Action

As You Are Aware, Welcome Financial Services Repossessed My Vehicle On Xyz.

I Consider This An Illegal Reposession Under S.90 Of The Consumer Credit Act 1974 And As Such My Contract With You Has Now Been Terminated.

This Letter Is To Give Your Company An Oppertunity To Explain Its Actions In This Matter And To Give A Final Response. If No Response Is Received After Fourteen Days From Receipt, An Application Will Be Submitted To The Court For The Return All All Monies Paid To Welcome Financial Services And A Replacement Vehicle Of Similar Age And Condition.

I Require By Return A Copy Of Any Default And Termination Notice As Well As Any Repossesion Notice With A Copy Of Any Court Order For The Return Of The Vehicle.

An Agreement Modifying A Hire Purchase Agreement

After Having An Audit On My Agreement, Major Discrepencies Has Developed For Which An Explanation Is Required.

Amount Of Credit (goods) £4625.81. Add To That Acceptance Fee Of £195 Gives An Amount Of Credit Of £ 4820.81. Now The Interest On That At 8.9% Over Seventy Two Months Gives A Total Of £ 1359.66

Now Add Interest Of £1359.66 With Amount Of Credit Of £4625.81,

Gives A Total Repayable Of £ 6180.47

Now Put That Figures Over Seventy Two Months Works Out At £85.83 Per Month.

Not The £ 95.08 Stated On The Agreement, An Error Of £9.25 Per Month.

I Have Not Included The Option Fee Being It’s A Charge For Credit And Is Only Payable With The Last Instalment, But Even If Included In Error, Has Little Impact On The Figures.

The Acceptable Variance On The Apr Is 1% Above And 0.5% Below So I Consider This Agreement Unenforceable In Law.

I Await Your Response

It may be by the by but if I owe them £665 less than what it says on the agreement then that officially puts me over the third, although I'm not sure what difference this would make to an already unenforceable agreement!!

I have absolutely no problem with putting in a court claim, I'm fairly certain I don't have to pay court fees being that we receive Income support so I've got nothing to lose.

Thanks again x x x

hi wannabe

really glad to see you're getting some expert help with this. Looks like there's more to it than just an illegal reposession. Dodgy agreements is something I don't know an awful lot about.

Will be following your thread with interest.

Makes me think I need to look over my old welcome agreements!!:D

The lovely sergeant refused to investigate my complaint so it looks like the IPCC will be hearing from me very soon. He admitted not knowing the laws with regard what was lawful or not in that situation but still maintained he would not investigate.

He even bought the attending officer to my door with him! I wanted to make a complaint about someone so he felt it a good idea to bring him with him?! If I was making a report of an attack, would he have brought my attacker to the door too?? Apologise he did, substantially unsatisfied I am!

The lovely sergeant refused to investigate my complaint so it looks like the IPCC will be hearing from me very soon. He admitted not knowing the laws with regard what was lawful or not in that situation (NO EXCUSE) but still maintained he would not investigate.

He even bought the attending officer to my door with him! I wanted to make a complaint about someone so he felt it a good idea to bring him with him?!(INTIMIDATION) If I was making a report of an attack, would he have brought my attacker to the door too?? Apologise he did, substantially unsatisfied I am!

make sure you add the (INTIMIDATION) to the IPCC complaint

cab

Thank you I most certainly will! He offered me the option of letting them deal with my complaint about his attitude "locally", I asked him what the IPCC would do if I reported it to them and he said they'd refer back to them to be dealt with locally. So I said oh well I've got nothing to lose then, IPCC it is!

You might also want to do a bit of digging around your local force and find the contact details of thier professional standards dept.

A two pronged approach will get some reaction, copy the IPCC letter to the professional standards dep't and watch the sudden flurry of activity.

They will do thier best to go for "local resolution", it looks better on thier statistics, whether you choose to accept that is of course entirely a matter for you.

I know what i would do.

Light blue touch paper and retreat a safe distance and wait for the pretty fireworks.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds early in the morning

You might also want to do a bit of digging around your local force and find the contact details of thier professional standards dept.

A two pronged approach will get some reaction, copy the IPCC letter to the professional standards dep't and watch the sudden flurry of activity.

They will do thier best to go for "local resolution", it looks better on thier statistics, whether you choose to accept that is of course entirely a matter for you.

I know what i would do.

Light blue touch paper and retreat a safe distance and wait for the pretty fireworks.

I'm in no mood to 'settle' for anything! Bring on the touch paper!

I've been looking up the details of the IPCC and what they can do. You can make a complaint online and luckily, thanks to my CAG online journal, every detail of what happened is logged and date and time stamped!

It seems part of their procedure is to refer the complaint to the Professional Standards Department as a matter of course so I don't think I will have to make a separate complaint :)

Good luck wannabe

a similar thing happened to my brother, unfortunately he gave up at the first hurdle

all the best

Leakie

I'm sorry for what happened to your brother, trust me I know how bad it feels. But you know what they say; "Don't get mad, get even!"

I've got nothing to lose anymore and everyday I wake up with a renewed conviction to make every one of the involved parties pay substantially for their part in this farce. If my actions can prevent this atrocity happening to someone else then I will not give up! ;)

Before sending off the letter I wanted to make absolutely sure everything was watertight, I've come across a problem :(

On the agreement it states the rate of interest as 7% but APR at 8.9%

When working out the interest based on the 7% over 6 years it works out to £2024 which is what is stated on my agreement.

I don't know how all of this is supposed to be worked out, please someone help!!!