Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I put my hand in my pocket today and paid for some legal advice just to be sure that I am doing everything I should be. I have to say that I had a great time! :madgrin: The solicitor was fab, he answered a lot of my questions and agreed with me that now I have a blank canvas for my claim, it can be reasonably expanded to include the cost of having to replace the car and damages for trespass on top of what I have already asked for.

It all stems from their breach of statutory duty and the damage caused as a result of that, and apparently there is no limit to the amount of causes of action I can include in one claim :madgrin:

I said I wanted to utilise breach of statutory duty, trespass and unfair relationship and he said that would be perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

Got until Friday to serve my amended claim so round 2 coming up! :lol:

Fabulous news!!! Im so pleased :) Wonder when the 'what can we give you to make you go away' letter will arrive :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

It was quite comical really, the solicitor was very amused by their defence and he laughed and said "Ooh they're very cross at you aren't they??!" :madgrin:

I bet it made his day :lol: Im glad it wasnt just you that found it amusing ;)

Well their SD is 'supposed' to be with me by 4pm Monday so my case wont hold them back with submitting AOS or defence ;) Saying that witness evidence has to be submitted by 25th October so I may well get in the way yet with their decidedly slow response to my more than fair offer to settle :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

It was just very reassuring to hear him say "yes absolutely you do have a case". I haven't had any response to my last letter, at least if I get my new claim in they won't have the luxury of ignoring and hopefully it should provoke some sort of response.

Yes, I can imagine!

They should have realised by now that you arent going to go away :lol:

Ignorance isnt bliss....its costly in their case ;)

I bet it made his day :lol: Im glad it wasnt just you that found it amusing ;)

Well their SD is 'supposed' to be with me by 4pm Monday so my case wont hold them back with submitting AOS or defence ;) Saying that witness evidence has to be submitted by 25th October so I may well get in the way yet with their decidedly slow response to my more than fair offer to settle :)

Well I suppose everything will take twice as long now cos Mr P is prob not allowed to do anything without adult supervision anymore :lol:

Well I suppose everything will take twice as long now cos Mr P is prob not allowed to do anything without adult supervision anymore :lol:

Too true!!!

Yes, I can imagine!

They should have realised by now that you arent going to go away :lol:

Ignorance isnt bliss....its costly in their case ;)

Well absolutely! He was under the impression that their responses and court appearances to date would already have cost them several thousand pounds and they would be unlikely to want to spend any more on a fruitless defence.

Well absolutely! He was under the impression that their responses and court appearances to date would already have cost them several thousand pounds and they would be unlikely to want to spend any more on a fruitless defence.

Makes perfect sense to me!

Maybe a letter of apology from Welcome should be one of the conditions of accepting a settlement. Hopefully they will not request a gagging order when you win. Well done so far and hoping that you really screw them into the ground. Newspapers are going to love this story.

Maybe a letter of apology from Welcome should be one of the conditions of accepting a settlement. Hopefully they will not request a gagging order when you win. Well done so far and hoping that you really screw them into the ground. Newspapers are going to love this story.

Thank you but I think I've got more chance of knitting fog than I've got of getting any such letter! :madgrin:

In fact I've just received a letter from them saying that my new evidence "proves nothing" and they look forward to receiving my new claim lol!!

• 3 weeks later...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have nothing else to add!

Just read the link. It seems like technicalities were what won that case. And we know that you are water tight so no wiggle room for them :D

Looks like you've scared them into getting a real solicitor.br>

Are you still representing yourself? I'd love to see you rip into their new solicitor.

Edited to correct formatting.... bloody firefox

Yes I do feel quite proud of myself, they need to hire a solicitor to deal with little old me! :madgrin:

I think they're gonna try to rely on the Greenhill case to defend the PPI and secret commission claims, however they are intrinsically different as that case was won by them battering the claimant's integrity and reliability! Never mind the facts eh?? :mad2: Still no defence to the removal of the car from private property though :roll:

Luckily I am just about to get full access to Lexis Nexis, (which I managed to secure at a massive discount and interest free low monthly payments 8) ), now I will have all the professional resources at my fingertips including all the case law my heart desires, so I am no longer at a disadvantage in that respect :lol:

To be fair I'm not at all bothered about whether they get a fancy solicitor or not, if they want to spend loads money they haven't got that's up to them, let them fill their boots. I'm actually quite bright underneath it all lol! I don't think I will have any problem navigating my new subscription and absorbing all the knowledge I need to combat their ridiculous, prospective defences. I know I will fight this until my dying breath no matter how long winded it becomes, but still life goes on and I have no intention of putting my life on hold while they fanny around!

They need to file their amended defence by Friday and then a schedule of issues by 5th November before a CMC in January, I'm sure they would've spent a small fortune in legal fees by then :madgrin:

I think I'm going to miss Mr P's hostility and unprofessionalism though, I always found that very entertaining! :lol:

Looks like welcome didn't like my new claim very much, just had a letter to say they have appointed Cleggs.

Incidentally, that will be the same Cleggs that wrote THIS ARTICLE :madgrin:

In this article reporting their 'success' are the lines...

''... the lender can only seize and sell the car if it's parked in a public place such as on the road. If it's on private land (eg in a garage or on a drive) a Court order is needed.''

so should make for an interesting case:wink:

In this article reporting their 'success' are the lines...

''... the lender can only seize and sell the car if it's parked in a public place such as on the road. If it's on private land (eg in a garage or on a drive) a Court order is needed.''

so should make for an interesting case:wink:

Exactly ha ha! :lol:

I even submitted THAT article as part of my supporting evidence in my statement of case! I get the feeling that they're going for damage limitation and employing Cleggs to argue on the PPI, secret commission and the value of my claim. In other words - technicalities! I can't believe Cleggs are staking their reputation defending them, especially when they written the contrary in black and white themselves, totally ludicrous!!