• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wannabedebtfreesoon,

I am counting the days with you, having had a similar experience recently..

One question, can you point me in the direction where it says

the law quite clearly states "...from ANY premises..." and "...or that of a third party without the consent of the debtor or hirer..."

As Santander are trying to imply that as I "willingly" gave them the key - I didn't, I was coerced whilst holding my 5 month old, and trying to give dinner to the other 4 children, by threats of "recovery vehicles dragging it off your drive in front of your neighbours, and £500 charges for this and opening the car" That this counts as a "legal reposession" Whereas, in fact, Mrs GSM, whose name the agreement is in, was in fact at work, unaware and most certainly did not give her consent to the "repo"

Cheers

Mike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

/ VIOLATION OF SECTION 92 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

92 Recovery of possession of goods or land

(1) Except under an order of the court, the creditor or owner shall not be entitled to enter any premises to take possession of goods subject to a regulated hire-purchase agreement, regulated conditional sale agreement or regulated consumer hire agreement.

(2) At any time when the debtor is in breach of a regulated conditional sale agreement relating to land, the creditor is entitled to recover possession of the land from the debtor, or any person claiming under him, on an order of the court only.

(3) An entry in contravention of subsection (1) or (2) is actionable as a breach of statutory duty.

THROW IN ALSO

TRESPASSES

WRONGFUL INTERFERENCE WITH GOODS

BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY

I'm thinking your other half wouldn't be legally able to make a decision in realtion to the HP agreement under the legal doctrine of privity of contract.

Sequenci,

The agreement was in Mrs GSM's name, however - it was myself that was at home when the repo peeps turned up, they basically coerced me into giving them the keys - Mrs GSM had no idea they had even been until she got home that night - The point I am trying to confirm, is that I had no authority in effect to act, and by taking the keys from me, they still acted illegally as Mrs GSM did not give her consent .. If you know what I mean.. Just trying to head them off..

Mike

Sequenci,

The agreement was in Mrs GSM's name, however - it was myself that was at home when the repo peeps turned up, they basically coerced me into giving them the keys - Mrs GSM had no idea they had even been until she got home that night - The point I am trying to confirm, is that I had no authority in effect to act, and by taking the keys from me, they still acted illegally as Mrs GSM did not give her consent .. If you know what I mean.. Just trying to head them off..

Mike

You are absolutely right. If the agreement is in your wife's name then it is her consent that is needed and even if you gave them the keys and waved them off, they still committed an offence by not getting her consent. If she wasn't even there then there's no way she could possibly have given consent! You might also consider breach of the Data Protection Act in that they discussed your wife's agreement with you.

As well as Section 92, the issue of 'consent' is dealt with in Section 173.

It appears to me that their should be no obligation on the debtor to give consent and if the debtor chooses not to give consent then there should be no adverse liability for this.

This is the interpretation from The Book although I need to dig deeper to find something about liability:

"Consent

It is for a creditor who seeks to rely upon sub-s (3) to prove that the debtor freely consented to his action. See Mercantile Credit Co Ltd v Cross [1965] 2 QB 205, [1965] 1 All ER 577, [1999] GCCR 251. It may be that the court will be more willing to find in favour of a creditor who took steps to explain the position to the debtor, so that he was aware at least that he was surrendering some of his statutory protection, but it is at least arguable that the information set out in statutory documentation (eg in a default notice) should suffice for this purpose. As to enforcement provisions to which sub-s (3) may apply, see in particular the CCA 1974, ss 40, 65, 90, 92, 113(2), 126 and 148. Subsection (3) does not apply to the CCA 1974, s 132 (financial relief for hirer) since that section specifies the consequences of recovery of goods without action but does not prohibit recovery without a court order."

Hi Wanna

Just taken the time tonight to read you thread

I can't believe they have had the nerve to drag things on so much

I wish you all the luck and will be popping back to see how you get on

I have also lost my car to a finance company, this was volountary on my part as they would not accept reduced payments (I am a joiner and my work has dropped by 70%, so I wanted to reduce my payments but they refused)

The car will be at auction in Edinburgh (the repo guy was really nice and told me where he was taking the car :D )

Don't want to ramble on too much, but you deserve to wipe the floor with this lot

There be mutual exchange of witness statements by 4pm on 26th November 2010.

Just received an UNSIGNED witness statement from the recovery agent saying the car was overhanging the pavement!!! Apparently they will forward me a signed version in due course. Does anyone know if they can submit a 'draft' witness statement that wasn't even written by the man himself 4 months later than the date they were due according to the directions from the court??

17 days to go.....

seems like they are clutching at straws to me

Thanks for your support Wackyone!

Having had a few minutes to calm the Hell down, I've had a quick look at CPR and have discovered some very interesting facts :lol:

Apparently if they serve a witness statement they need to do 1 of 2 things;

1) Make the witness available for cross examination at the final hearing or

2) Submit the statement as Hearsay

Needless to say, they have done neither of these things and so are continuing to breach Part 1 of the CPR.

I have just fired off an email to them requesting they tell me which option they are going with :madgrin: You see if they say 'its hearsay' then I need to give them notice of my intention to 'attack the credibility' of the evidence OR if they say 'he won't be available for cross examination' I need to apply to the court for a subpoena to make him available OR if they say 'he will be available for cross examination' then I get to show him photos of himself doing things he said he didn't do and ask him some very uncomfortable questions about his witness statement :smile:

Either way, the fact that they've only left me just over 2 weeks to do any of these things is not going to make a judge very pleased at all :-x

Thanks for your support Wackyone!

Having had a few minutes to calm the Hell down, I've had a quick look at CPR and have discovered some very interesting facts :lol:

Apparently if they serve a witness statement they need to do 1 of 2 things;

1) Make the witness available for cross examination at the final hearing or

2) Submit the statement as Hearsay

Needless to say, they have done neither of these things and so are continuing to breach Part 1 of the CPR.

I have just fired off an email to them requesting they tell me which option they are going with :madgrin: You see if they say 'its hearsay' then I need to give them notice of my intention to 'attack the credibility' of the evidence OR if they say 'he won't be available for cross examination' I need to apply to the court for a subpoena to make him available OR if they say 'he will be available for cross examination' then I get to show him photos of himself doing things he said he didn't do and ask him some very uncomfortable questions about his witness statement :smile:

Either way, the fact that they've only left me just over 2 weeks to do any of these things is not going to make a judge very pleased at all :-x

you have photos of him actually on your property not on the pavement/roadside so that in itself should blow his statement out of the water, like i said it seems they are just clutching at straws hoping you will drop the case

you have photos of him actually on your property not on the pavement/roadside so that in itself should blow his statement out of the water, like i said it seems they are just clutching at straws hoping you will drop the case

Judging by our very recent email correspondence, I think he now knows damn well I am not going to drop this! :lol:

They've replied to say they will take all the necessary steps to ensure the repo man will be present at the hearing. To me that says 'we'll try to convince him to come but we can't guarantee anything'.

It's totally ludicrous really, all of this should've been done by 26th November last year and leaving it this late has not been a very good move for them. The CPR on evidence is very strict and either way they haven't adhered to it, the difference is that even if they know the rules and chose not to abide by them, they certainly didn't expect me to the know the rules and so, as a result, they have really landed themselves in it! A situation has now arisen that they can't back track on and they will have to answer up to a judge about it.

• 2 weeks later...

So...... the witness evidence debacle continues :madgrin:

Further to my last post, the defendant then sent a signed witness statement from the repo man; the same being a version of events entirely different to the 'draft, unsigned' version they first sent me!

I decided to play my cards close to my chest on this one and said nothing further to them regarding this :-)

Then.....

They sent me a copy of an N244 Application Notice which they had submitted to the court asking for permission to rely on this evidence, (better late than never I suppose :lol: )

Again I responded with total silence...

Got an email yesterday asking me what I intend to say to the court in response to this application, (not in those exact words mind!). Court have been swift to reply and have listed this matter for a 5 minute hearing immediately before the trial starts. That's going to be a great start to the day, the first thing the judge gets to know about them is how they want to submit evidence some 4 months past the date stated in the directions :madgrin:

Hmmmmm... decisions decisions! Do I oppose the submission of this evidence or agree to it?? Will I be considered unreasonable if I object??

6 days remaining..........

i agree with postggj on this one,

how can you be considered unreasonable by objecting to a statemnet that is not only submitted very late but also totally differant to one they provided you with at an earlier point in the proceedings, either the earlier statement was correct or it wasnt, if it wasnt then that in itself could be classed as perjury if they intended to use it in court

wait for a consent order in the post :-)

me thinks they are about to settle

you have come this far

tick tock

No chance I'll let them get away with it that easily! I said from the start I wanted a judgment and waving a few quid under my nose won't change that. This company have made my life hell for over 3 years with this and the past year and half I have put my life blood into preparing for this case. That is all time that has taken me away from living my life and being with my children and family, no amount of money can give me that time back or ever compensate for the loss of it.

They had many opportunities to negotiate with me and deal with me fairly, through their brazen arrogance and pig headedness they chose not to take any of those chances :mad2:

For my own peace I need to see this though to the end.

i agree with postggj on this one,

how can you be considered unreasonable by objecting to a statemnet that is not only submitted very late but also totally differant to one they provided you with at an earlier point in the proceedings, either the earlier statement was correct or it wasnt, if it wasnt then that in itself could be classed as perjury if they intended to use it in court

Thanks Wacky, I think I will oppose their application actually. I don't see why I should give them any kind of leniency, they would hardly do the same for me! I also totally resent the fact they first tried to sneak it in without the permission of the court by assuming I'm a stupid LiP little girl who wouldn't know any different :mad2:

The interesting thing about this whole witness fiasco is that in their efforts to get a witness statement admitted, they have inadvertently jeopardised the entire credibility of their own defence and they don't even realise it! Can't say too much more really in case of prying eyes, I want it to be a 'surprise' :madgrin: