Debt Collectors

jj itch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am confused because I have been reading different threads, if i owe a debt and it is with a dca shoulnt i just pay, as eventually wont they produce a credit agreement which is enforceable, i am worried if i send a cca letter will i not just anger them and have them chasing me again, for larger payments, i find the consumer credit rights hard to understand

1st one! you should only pay your debt to a dca if it is legally enfoceable,not because they say so!

2nd one! they may produce a enforceable credit agreement in the foreseable future,but then also ! you may win the lottery on saturday.

3rd one! of course you will anger them after your cca request ,because they probably know the aint got an enforcible one to send to you and you know that!.

they may chase you for larger payments "if" they can and i say "if " they can produce a enforceable cca , but blood and stone come to mind.

and if you were ever to go to court a judge and only the judge would make payment to only what you could reasonably afford not thee dca!

RELAX SIT BACK ENJOY THE FIGHT YOUR IN CAGGERS HANDS NOW!:grin:

Hi JJ

You have already had good advice from fellow caggers. There is real expert advice on this site as well. I kept my sanity through reading through the threads here. It wasn't long before we formulated a strategy to deal with it all.

Just remember a dca has NO STANDING whatsoever in law. They bully threaten and try to intimidate, all are in breach of some regulation or other.

Never speak to them on the phone always insist that everything is in writing. Anything that cannot be put into writing logically must be unlawful and they know it.

best of luck

oilyrag.

I am confused because I have been reading different threads, if i owe a debt and it is with a dca shoulnt i just pay, as eventually wont they produce a credit agreement which is enforceable, i am worried if i send a cca letter will i not just anger them and have them chasing me again, for larger payments, i find the consumer credit rights hard to understand

Let's get the moral stuff out of the way first. They probably created the money as credit, i.e. it's an accounting entry. They money wouldn't normally even exist if you didn't borrow it. So do you owe it? Really? :D

To answer your question, if send a cca request they are legally obliged to fulfil it. If they get angry about that it means you've near enough already won! :lol:

It'll cost you a pound, they get them all the time. You've got nothing to lose. ;)

Thanks for your help,

we are about £60,000 in debt,

one was a Marks and Spencer loan of £15,000 over 10 years ago

the debt is now 22,000 and

I have been paying it off for years it is now owned by H & L Legal Collections.

and all the other Debt Collection agencies,

I feel like my head is spinning.

Letters ready to send off but I am not looking forward to it.

JJ

Do please try to stop worrying.

It is your legal right have a copy of CCA.

All these DCAs are trying to do is frighten you into submission that won't happen with the help of the forum.

We are all here to give help and advice where we can and are 100% behind you. Most of us have been through this and know exactly how you feel.

Get your letter off, don't forget the PO's and to send them RD.

Get your files started for each creditor and don't forget to put a copy of your request in, attach your receipt to it so you don't lose it, give it a couple of days then check Royal Mail website to see when it was delivered and print a copy out for your files.

Remember any help just shout.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hi

I have today received another letter from Red Debt Collection Service saying we owe them £529.59 for 3G mobile,

which we know the contract was ended several years ago and no outstanding money as 3G never chased us for money.

i have been arguing via letter with them for a few weeks now,

i sent them the £1 reguesting CCA for they wrote back today to say it was a service agreement not a credit agreement.

They say they have requested statements from the orignal creditor whcih will show us how the balance is made up.

Are they at a dead loss here or will they make something else up to recover a debt we do not own.

I know we have massive debts elsewhere.

On a further note sent a lot of CCA requests with the £1 po I wonder if I am just going to start a lot more hassle for myself.

Hi

On a further note sent a lot of CCA requests with the £1 po I wonder if I am just going to start a lot more hassle for myself.

They will give you hassle anyway. That's what they do. They don't care if you owe the money etc, they've been asked to collect.

A good reason to be on CAG is they help you fight back. Their threats are generally form letters that they send in sequence. Start a thread for each debt and ask for help as you need it.

I've had most threatograms, loads of help from other caggers, and now 2 credit cards can't touch me for a total of about £16K.

Try to chill out, just respond to their letters with your own letters, get help here.

Send the account in dispute letter.

I know it costs to have your mail redirected but it is probably the best thing to start with. I know they can get it wrong and maybe still deliver to the old address but it is very rare that it happens.

DG

Hi

I have today received another letter from Red Debt Collection Service saying we owe them £529.59 for 3G mobile, which we know the contract was ended several years ago and no outstanding money as 3G never chased us for money.i have been arguing via letter with them for a few weeks now, i sent them the £1 reguesting CCA for they wrote back today to say it was a service agreement not a credit agreement. They say they have requested statements from the orignal creditor whcih will show us how the balance is made up. Are they at a dead loss here or will they make something else up to recover a debt we do not own. I know we have massive debts elsewhere.

The link below is from an episode of BBC Watchdog featuring Lowell Portfolio aka Red chasing fictional debts on behalf of 3g.

I suggest you take the chance to watch this clip and learn about the type of people you are dealing with over your alleged debts. The industry is not populated by respectable gentlemen in suits but telesales reps working on a commision basis who will tell you anything and stop at nothing to make a few %age commision towards their meagre basic salary

BBC - Watchdog: Lowell - chasing debts

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

I am assuming you mean CCCS.

If you tell them that you are disputing any account they will not deal with them

and may possibly refuse to give you any further help as they are linked to the banking industry it is them

that help pay the wages beside the interest they make on our money before they pay the creditors.

I had a case struck out and advised CCCS of this and they still said I need to keep the payments going otherwise

I would probably have to leave the DMP as they dont deal with disputed creditors.

Those which are not being deal with through them I certainly would send the account in dispute after the 12 + 2.

A little thing to note is that at the moment a lot of Barclaycard agreements are arriving either with no signature or they are admitting they cant find the original and are actually putting it in writing that they are closing their file as they cant find the agreement at this time however should it turn up at a later date they will reopen the file.

DG