Hopefully someone can help with this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon all,

I hope everybody is surviving the weather.

I'm not sure where to put this but a friend of mine is having a difficult situation with a previous letting agent.

The situation is this:

"I rented a property through a letting agency in Bath from August 08 to August 09 and since moving out I payed an additional 3 month’s rent as I initially did not cancel my standing order at the bank. However, I was made aware of this at the beginning of November 09 and was assured that I would promptly receive a cheque to refund me with the money. Since then I have chased them countless times for my money, each time being told that a cheque has been processed, yet I still have not received anything. I would like to know where I stand and how I can prompt them to resolve the situation ASAP, the most recent contact was today when they told me it was two payments and not three - it seems they are just stalling now and I wondered what action I can take to make them do the right thing. I can obviously prove the money was taken with bank statements."

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Write them a letter explaining the situation and that you have written them many times about getting this money refunded to you. Tell them you feel you have been patient and reasonable enough and that they now have 14 days to send you a cheque with the monies you feel are due to you (give them the amount and what it's for again) or you will take legal action.

If they don't respond in 14 days file using moneyclaim online and sue them!