service query 28 days?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On a notice to owner I have received it state "The penalty charge must be paid not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which the notice to owner is served "

It is not clear to me whether that is 28 days from the date of the NTO or 28 days plus the formal 2 or 3 days depending on letter class , that the law states to allow for Service .

Its 2 working days from the date of notice in principle unless you got it later than that and can prove as such.

Thank you that is for 1st class post I presume .

Would you agree it is bad English in the example given , as a lot of people could assume the 28 days commenced from the date of issue , and the council does not make it as clear as they could .

Thank you that is for 1st class post I presume .

Would you agree it is bad English in the example given , as a lot of people could assume the 28 days commenced from the date of issue , and the council does not make it as clear as they could .

The wording is taken from the statute and service cannot really be confused with date its posted