• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Northern Rock loan with huge ppi can it be reclaimed ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

A friend has asked me to help with a potential PPI claim.

His loan details as taken from his agreement are as follows:

Loan amount 15000

PPI 7276.50

Amount of credit 10077.90

Total amount payable: 32354.40

payable over 120 months apr 8.2% monthly installment £269.61

Taken out 23/7/04.

He is currently struggling to pay this and still owes £18593.09

His total payments as at 20/06/09 were £13850.11 and te last payment he made was in may 09.

Can anyone advise if this is possible to reclaim and if so how he could do it?

He has no ppi terms and conditions etc

thanks

From my reading : 15000 over 120 months at 8.2% is a total of £21750.67 and the monthly payment should be £181.26....which means that the ppi element of his loan is £10603.73 with the interest included.

He has made 51 payments of £269.61 which means a total payment towards ppi of £4505.85

Please can someone advise what can be claimed back if any ???

Can he claim back the ppi with interest i.e the £10603 + the statutory interest of 8% pa and can he claim back the payments made to the ppi.

If he could this would vitually wipe out the loan ??

see my replies in this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/241806-cl-finance-questioner-ppi.html

and the 'notes for claimants' stickie at the top of this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Details again are:

Loan amount £15000

PPi £7276.50

amount of credit: 10077.90

Total amount payable : 32354.40

He signed loan on 23/7/04 and first payment was 27/08/04 he paid on the 27th of every month except he missed 27/12/05 and last payment he made was 27/11/08. He has not paid since and is now in arrears of approx £3500.

Fairfax solicitors have sent a statement to say he owes £18593.09

When I calculated a £15000 over 120 months at 8.2 % the total to repay works out at £21,750.67 which must mean the ppi element + interest of the loan was £10603.73.

The monthly payment according to the loan calcualtor should be £181.26 without the ppi and he has been paying £269.61 which means he has been paying £88.35 towards the ppi and he has made 51 payments altogether making a total of £4505.85.

He has been threatened with court action and it is important that I understand what he can claim back for mis sold ppi and at this moment I am unsure.

As I understand it if he cancels the PPI they would restructure the loan to take off ppi and interest left to pay which is approx £6100. That would leave a loan balance of approx £12,500. He could then make a claim for the ppi and interest he has already paid + stat 8% interest. Which would leave him a balance of around £6500 ????

What I dont understand is that he has paid £13750.11 off the loan and if it should not have had ppi on it at all i.e he should have paid back £21,750 he would now approx £8000. If he then claimed back the ppi paid of £4505.85 + stat interest he would only owe approx £2000.

HELP !!!! I am really confused

Katie is the PPI added to the loan on the same agreement with APR added?

PPI should be a separate agreement.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Right, this is the letter I am going to send regarding this. I would be grateful if someone could advise if what I am claiming for is correct.

After a lot of reading I think I have sussed what should happen.

The loan without ppi would have been £21,750.67 His contractual payments without ppi would have been £181.26 and since he has made 51 payments he would have paid £9244.26 off the loan leaving a balance of £12506.41.

He has paid £88.35 toward ppi from his monthly payments x 51 totalling £4505.85 which he is entitled to get refunded + statutory interest of 8%.

So if I am right the above should be refunded to him and the loan resructured for £12506.41 over the remaining period etc.

Is this right and here is the letter .....

Dear Sir/Madam,

PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE COMPLAINT

Re: Policy number: X

I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy for the reasons stated below and request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £15,000 unsecured personal loan on 23rd July 2004 and was also sold a Payment Protection Insurance policy which would cost me an extra £7,276.50 plus interest over the life of the loan.

The reasons this policy was mis-sold I have set out below:

1. I would be paying this with interest over a term of 10 years. This I consider wholly inappropriate salesmanship as the policy term is only 5 years.

2. The salesperson who sold me the policy did not disclose all of the facts relevant to the policy.

3. I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as your salesperson did not give me detailed information on what the policy would and would not cover. For example that the loan only covered the first 12 months should I become unable to work as a result of disability or unemployment. It should have been explained to me that the policy would not cover the full period of my loan term.

4. I was not informed that I had the option to buy payment protection insurance from an independent provider to cover the loan at a more competitive price

6. It was not explained to me that the policy would only cover 5 years of a 10 year term.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments that I have paid to date which is £4505.85, plus the PPI policy premium of £7276.50 which I expect to be refunded back into the loan.

As I have been denied this money over a considerable amount of time for which you have profited from I also expect statutory interest to be added at an Apr of 8% simple from date of loan to date complaint settled.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully

Thanks in advance

where you have already paid some PPI in your normal monthly payments, have you calculated the 8% from the date you paid that installment, to the date of your claim [today]

it would be better if you included a spreadsheet detailing how you came to these figure, as they will prob try and screw you, or if you have not charged enough, they will accept the offer, even though they will be unpaying.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes , cancel/remove PPI totally and refund the ppi paid each month + 8% stat from that date to the date of your claim. [for each month paid, the 8% stat will be slightly diff]

dx

and they

Hi there I have just done spreadsheet and it works out that ppi paid was £4505 interest at 8% on each payment since paid works out to be £1178 so they will need to refund £5683 and remove ppi from loan altogether.

Does that sound about right? when they remove ppi from loan do they remove full amount + interest that was added at beginning or what is left to pay? thanks again

• 2 months later...
Hi there I have just done spreadsheet and it works out that ppi paid was £4505 interest at 8% on each payment since paid works out to be £1178 so they will need to refund £5683 and remove ppi from loan altogether.

Does that sound about right? when they remove ppi from loan do they remove full amount + interest that was added at beginning or what is left to pay? thanks again

Hi Katie

How did you get on with this claim?

I'm also pursuing NR.

lefthandedchopstick

• 3 months later...

Hi there, not been on in a while but just updating this thread. Managed to get £6500 back in PPi paid direct into bank !! Thankyou for people that helped the one thing I will say is that NR only agreed to refund it if a new loan agreement was signed.