Hugh v Yorkshire Bank ***WON WITH INTEREST TO DATE OF SETTLEMENT***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

OK, the judge has looked at the AQ's in this case and issued directions and a hearing date. There is some good news and some I'm not sure what to make of it...

The good news......

The judge has ignored YB's request for a stay and ordered a full hearing for 31st Janurary at 10:30 am

The 'not quite sure what to make of it' news

I've been ordered to, as part of my witness statement to list every charge again and state for each charge why I consider it unfair............

H

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Finally.........Yorksire Bank have offered to settle for full value + interest and costs. ;-)

The letter is their normal 'notice of discontinuence' which they will hold undelivered so I've written back suggesting tell them that whilst I'm happy they've settled I'll hold their form and deliver it to the cout when I have cleared funds, and continue the action until that time. Hopefully that'll hurry them up a little because they have to have a bundle with me by Wednesday otherwise I can apply to have the defence struck out.

All in all some fantastic news and about time they pulled they're fingers out.......

Donation will be on the way as soon as I get this.

Hugh

That's great news Hugh, well done and congrat's on holding out for a full pay out. Did you have to list all charges again with why you considered them unfair, i thought the particulars of claim made it clear why they are unfair. and finally, they are cutting it a bit fine aren't they if they've only got until Wed, still it keeps the pressure on them.

Regards Moss

Thanks Moss,

I had written my witness statement to describe each form of charge, and why I considered it unfair, but then stated the to refer to my schedule to obtain details of each chagre as there were so many. I'd also refered in detail to the Australian study as I had thought this very relevant due to the ownership of Clydesdale and Yorkshire bank. I guess we won't find out now due to them settling. I'll post a copy of my witness statement when I et home for anybody interested.

I've faxed and posted mt reply to Yorkshire Bank suggesting that they finalise the details by email as I wouldn't want them to miss court deadlines due to their slowness. Hopefully I can get cleared funds out of them this week with that hanging over them, but although they're cutting it fine I don't want to get judgement knowing they're willing to settle and have to go through all the delays associated with set aside.

In fairness, although they've been bery slow they don't seem to have been asa obstructive as some. Mortages PLC ERC next ;-)

Cheers

Hugh

Looks good Hugh, but I won't include won in your title until you have the money. Can you please confirm they are including interest to the date of settlement, rather that date of claim, as they have with some (including mine). If not, I suggest that you hold out for every last penny. I'm sure they will still want to settle.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro,

They've offered in full including interest to date of settlement, not claim, so I'm happy with the financial terms, I'm just hopeful that be cause I'm going to kepp the cla9im going until I have cleared funds they'll pay fairly quickly.

Cheers

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...

YIPPEEEE!!!!!

Congratulations

You have no idea how happy I am about this. You have proved that if you just hang on in there, you will get full interest. Well done Hugh.

Come on Kirsty, where's my offer with the interest?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thats great news.... I have got my court date its 26th March looks like they have agreed to the banks request for a stay just dragging it out a bit more I cant wait for it to be over either way, Im dreading going to court but fingers crossed I might not have too