Embo V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have decided to stop lurking and come out into the public eye....

I have been reading the info on this site for weeks now, and last week I actually bit the bullet and i sent off my request for bank statements. Wowzers!

(I figured if i'm not ready now i never will be)

Not heard any thing from them just yet but im sure I will soon.

This is a great site and every one seems so helpful and friendly.

I feel a bit overwhelmed and unsure of myself, but I am sure there will be plenty of help for me when I need it.

And WHEN i get my money back I will be able to stay and hopefully do the same for others.

I just hope im not the first person to end up in court and plastered all over the television!!!

Bye for now

Em

:)

Halifax Current 1 - Sent Data Protection letter 9/08/06

Halifax Current 2 - Sent Prelim req for charges letter 08/09/06

MBNA - Sent Data Protection Letter 05/09/06

Hi - take a bit of time to read up first to make sure that you have the facts before going too far ahead. Read the FAQs and template letters then have a good read around here to see how others are getting on. Keep any progress on your own claim or questions that arise in a new thread in the forum for your bank to make it easier for others to follow and advise you. There's a set of links in my sig below that will help you find where all this useful information is. Well done for getting started! :)

Just take it one step at a time and read up on people who are at the same stage as you in this forum. Have a good look at some who are at the next stage too so that you know what to expect, then look at some who have made it all the way for further encouragement. Good luck! ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Just thought i would write this because it made me laugh...

Sent my letter with £10 cheque requesting List of charges on August 9th - My cheque was cashed by them on the 23rd August.

I thought i would give them a ring this morning to see how they were getting on...(even though they have a while to send them yet)

I called and asked the advisor if they had received my request yet - knowing full well they have...

I was put on hold for about 7 minutes (du du du du du du duuuuu, du de doo de daa) that is the hold tune i just know i am going to be getting familiar with!

When she came back she said - "no we havent received it yet - However that doesnt mean we havent actually received it"... :? So i told her well you have managed to cash my cheque some how, so she said " oh have we? in that case i will get a note on your account to send out statements straight away - erm i mean list of charges"

Poor woman she was all tongue tied, and i thought i was the one that was going to be nervous!

Any way - with a little luck i will soon have the info i need.

I am actually looking forward to this now!

:)

We must be working in sync as I too sent my SAR let on 9th April and today rang them about my request! I did received some statements on 15th but whole batch were missing. I rang this morning to see where missing stats were to be told they received my request for the missing batch on 21st and they were posted on 23rd, so they should be waiting for me when I get home tonight! We shall wait and see!

Unlike you I did not have the pleasure of 7 mins of the hold music and got through really quickly!

Good luck with your claim, maybe we'll end up doing moneyclaim at same time too! Hope statements arrive pronto!

Claire

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p

Good luck to you!

I will keep an eye out for your posts to see how your getting on.

My highlighter pen is out, ready and waiting! ;)

Hi this is my first time on this site. I don't mind telling you I am a bit nervous about all of this, but I'm going to stick this out to the end and hopefully it will be a happy ending. I too sent them a cheque of £10 and it was cashed on the 8th August but still no statements!!!!!!!! I posted them the first letter on the 28th July 06. Still not the 40 days yet so do I wait until the 40 days are up or act now?
:confused:
Something tells me that is not going to be easy and that Halifax are going to drag their heels all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck for the future. Cathy
:razz:

Hi Cathy, It is a bit nerve wrecking, but i think it will be more so as it comes to the court stages,

Dont worry though - we will stick together!

If i were you i would ring the bank (08457203040) and ask them if they have received your request yet - (you have been waiting longer than i have) so i think you are justified.

Dont be nervous - just remember you are in charge - not them.

Good luck to you!

:) x

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - i set off my data protection letter to the Halifax on the 9th August - So they have 40 days from the 11th August.

They cashed my cheque on the 23rd August.

However...I have a letter yesterday morning saying they will not do any thing for me until i authorise for them to take £5 from my account for the statements.

There is a fax number on the top of the letter - 08456039009

I was thinking of sending a reply by fax - is this a good idea?

Also, shall i tell them they have until the 19th September to have the info sent to me...or i shall be taking it further?

Has any one else had this? :)

Hello

I have all my statements and am just about to do the preliminary approach for repayment letter and schedule of charges.

I used the schedule of charges template in the library on Excel - However i am just a bit worried as to whether i have filled it in correctly.

In the column where it says Interest on Penalties,(and all the other interest related columns) i have left these blank - is this correct?

I am only claiming £226 in total.

Basically i have entered the dates of the 6 charges and the detail of the penalty , the penalty charged, and the cumulative column has filled itself in.

Is this enough info - r will it look as though i dont know what i am doing.

Bye for now and Thanks!

When I did my schedule, I deleted the figures in the interst rows and simply sent a list of dates and charges, with a total at the bottom.

Hope this helps!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>