Capital 1 /Laura Cooke/CCA

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What response should I sent to Capital One it`s not my place to have a list of calls i want copies of if I had a list I`d hardly want one off them they make the request under section 7 subsection 3 "Please note the40 day limit to provide you with Subject Access Request does not start till we receive this documentation"

Edited by Laura Cooke

Had another letter today from Capital One as suggested off cag I wrote and requested cca as previous requested 31.16 and that didn`t bare fruit. Now they say the signature isn`t the one they have on record this is rubbish so for the record not been able to get cca, sars or request by 31.16 where do these people get off

Had another letter today from Capital One as suggested off cag I wrote and requested cca as previous requested 31.16 and that didn`t bare fruit. Now they say the signature isn`t the one they have on record this is rubbish so for the record not been able to get cca, sars or request by 31.16 where do these people get off

With the Sig you can use the anti tamper patch. See post 58 in this thread>>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/235035-steve-capital.html

Have to agree though, where do they get off. Happy to send threat letters, statements etc - but not happy to send stuff when YOU ask for it. Very annoying.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

I sent proper signature that`s on their files? with lines through as suggested by a cag member who brings these institutions to book, had bugger all off them it`s not on that you can`t do anything to them

It does get annoying. Just stalling tactics all the time. Make sure, as an aside, that you air your views in a formal complaint. If that doesn't work complain to the FOS too.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Originally Posted by Laura Cooke viewpost.gif

I sent proper signature that`s on their files? with lines through as suggested by a cag site member. Who brings these institutions to book? had bugger all off them it`s not on that you can`t do anything to them

Oh and on top of that they want copy of driving licence now how on earth would a brain damaged man have a driving licence? this really is too much, they want a signature for both the CCA request and Sars as they state hubbies signature doesn`t match the one they have on file but the one he gave his is normal signature it surely as to be serious delaying tactics this been going on for quite some time now. Can`t send another signature any different to what they have so this out of order this really isn`t on

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Laura,

This agreement is from 2005. I am on a number of other threads as it is clear that they are now sending out agreements from some time in 2005 onwards which appear to have the prescribed terms, so I am doing a lot of comparisons, because what people signed may not be what is now appearing with their signatures apparently there.

They state in their letter that the prescribed terms would have been on the back. There are dozens of us who have written to capone and asked to inspect our agreements and they flatly refuse to acknowledge the request. We don't think they were on the back at all.

Bearing in mind that your agreement has the reference to Section 23, I'm almost certain that your date must be before the new-style so-called agreements which they are sending out now.

You need to subscribe to and read Sunflower's thread Just Received A Signed Capital One Agreement

You will feel much better.

I felt just as you do now when I joined CAG in December 2008. Capone and Debitas were driving me crazy, but then I got the support and the information I needed. Letters went back and forth, they sold me on to Lovells, I reported them to the FOS, and for many of us on that thread (also known as the Official Capital One Fan Club), they have been very quiet for ages.

Read the thread, and then send them a letter saying you want to visit your agreement. :)

DD

Appears to be the normal response now, but like you said no prescribed terms. So where are they then?

Also doesn't avoid the fact they still need to provide the original.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Daniella have you got a template of that letter to take a look at your agreement? if the prescribed terms were on the back why aren`t they on the back precisely and not mentioned on front as being overleaf I clicked on the line above Daniella it took me to Libraries will subscribe to sunflower if ever i find it

Thank you, Dotty. Some of my links work, and some don't. :confused:

Laura, there isn't a template letter (as far as I know). I sent something very basic.

Just write them a letter along the lines of:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter of .....

As you are aware I have a legal right to inspect my alleged original agreement which you state you have in your possession.

I would like to arrange an appointment with you to inspect this document. Perhaps you would kindly let me know a date when this would be convenient for you.

If you like, and after you have read Sunflower's thread, you could add:

I have a number of friends who would also like to view their alleged Capital One agreements and we would be very happy to visit your offices on the same day to make matters more convenient for you.

If you read Sunflower's thread you'll see we were planning a day out, coaches and a picnic with cream teas, champagne, everything....

Try and relax, Laura. When I first came to CAG and saw the banner about the Bear Garden (Had a bad day, dear? Come here for some off topic chat.) I thought people were mad. I have debts, for God's sake, and people are having a laugh?????? Since then I have been so helped by caggers, I have laughed and wept, I joined some Bear Garden threads and have sometimes been literally rolling around laughing.

I don't know about your other cards, but I hope we can really help you with Capital One.

Big hug,

DDxx

Thanks DD not worried at all about the debts they not mine they my hubbies who is brain damaged it just gets stressful looking after him and the creditors, they can`t get blood out of a stone we on benefits and rent so nothing to worry about I`d just like to get them out of way as such like show them all that they won`t get anywhere as not one out of the 5 creditors have much to force the agreements:)

I`ve had some decent advice and some good laughs and some frustrations waiting for responses

The link above worked subscribed now to Sunflowers quest thanks DD for your support much appreciated x

Hi Laura,

I'm so sorry about your hubby. That must be so hard. A friend of mine has a severely brain damaged son and I know what she goes through.

I'm glad you are on Sunflower's thread. If you haven't already said hello, then please do. (I haven't had an alert for a new posting.) Sunflower is the most welcoming person on CAG. When I first joined CAG I posted about my own situation on a couple of threads on the same subject as theirs, asking for advice, and got "shouted at" and told to start my own thread, and I hadn't a clue. Just felt told off. Then I found Sunflower's thread (and she had been through something similar when she first joined - almost gave up and was about to leave the forum) and she is just the most lovely, warm person you could come across. Everyone is welcome on her thread, and I have told so many people to subscribe there. She will welcome you, and it's like being given a big hug.

DDxx

It says I`ve subscibed? yes seen a few of Sunflowers postings she is very friendly I too don`t know what I`m doing half the time on here I still struggle where to post and how to start threads I forget things easily with ebing under a lot of pressure thanks for your support it`s much appreciated. I also look after my 26 year old son who is mentally and physically ill he as a mind of a 10 year old it`s like looking after 2 children at times I`m all in when you think about it though there are a lot worse off people in this world so no good wallowing in self pity

• 2 weeks later...

This is a classic got my Subject Access Request back today minus any statements, any comms logs, nothing about DN they said they sent. A copy of application and terms and conditions then wait for it SOMEONE ELSE`S FILES A MARRIED COUPLE I HAVE ALL THEIR DEBT DETAILS AND EVERYTHING now what?

Ooooh! They are in big trouble now. In breach of data protection rules, let alone not dealing with your SAR properly.

Now, Noomill had the same thing from one of his companies and I have a feeling it was very useful to him, but I can't remember what he did.

I'll ask him for advice. (I don't think he's on this thread already.)

DD

Laura, IMHO, you should copy it first, then send the original (or original copy) to the intended recipient advising that you have been sent this by Capital One. Let them know that you will be informing the Information Commissioner and they might like to the same, given this is a breach of their rights. Give them the Commissioner's address and website.

Then send a copy to the Information Commisisoner. You should indicate your dismay inasmuch as Capital One has given you someone elses information. What are they doing with yours and how many times has this happened with peoples data.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D