Lloyds TSB v Laura Cooke **Debt written off**

Laura Cooke

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I`ll probably send them each a copy of the I/E and ask them to send a payment book to pay me, I was thinking of adding not that they`ll even read it not to ring up which I have requested all contact to be in writing only, but to also add about not sending a doorstep caller as my hubbie can`t speak or understand and I`m dealing with his affairs which really they shouldn`t speak to me about it and I don`t want to speak to them about it, it`s hard enough caring for my hubbie let alone this

I thinks what they have all failed to accept (The payments from CCCS) to start with but now they`ll be getting next to nothing but the fact that I am not the debtor and I`m dealing with all correspondence, the phone calls (Which I had to complain about in past on the hour every hour morning to night) on top of this I`m looking after a brain injured man whose condition has started to deterioate

Why should I be put through all this by thse creditors? they have no interest in the situation at all, both myself and my hubbie have worked all our life and hubbie had an excellent credit rating up until he was assaulted in the street by substance users and left in a coma for 3 weeks

I ended up being taken into hospital last year myself with "Carers Strain" I`m a bad asthmatic and developed complications due to stress etc, it isn`t easy looking after a brain damaged person as many will know my hubbie barely speaks, hese difficult to handle with his mood swings, he can`t accept changes he can`t reason, Then I get a creditor ringing and saying "Surely your husband is capable of speaking to us a little" It`s disgusting and I reported it, I`m just gearing myself up for the next wave of calls to start when the creditors discover their money which they have never accepted anyway is dropping from £130 odd to barely a whisper

Thanks M & M :)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laura

They probably wont send you a payment book, what i did was send them each a £1 postal order. With a letter saying this is my payment for XXXX month. Once they cash the postal order they have accepted your payment plan. If this ever goes to Court you can then refer back to the Judge with all your corrispondance.

You can always try a payment book, but the best i think your get is them replying and asking for you to set up a direct payment which you don't want to do.

Hope this helps.

Gaz

Hi Gaz

2 Queries why wouldn`t a direct payment plan be any good? hubbies been paying money into an account each month for CCCS to take money out of to pay the 5 creditors a postal order is a nuiscance to me to be honest keep going to post office then sending them recorded the added costs and then how do you check they`ve cashed the postal orders? from what I gather you can`t no idea out of the creditors already whose cashed the £1 for the cca and whose cashed the £10 for the sars

I`m thinking of blanking out what will be paid to each creditor? as I wonder if ewach should see who the other is and what each is getting?

Hi Laura

Reason being and other caggers will back me up, once you you set up payments with the bank. They can take what they like out of your account.

But if you can get them to sort out a payment book all well and good.

I've tried and ended up paying them by postal orders, i know it's a bit dearer in the long run but it does work.

Gaz

Do you have internet banking? If so you can do it by standing order as the amount can only be changed by you. I pay all of mine that way.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

"Do you mean you stopping our plan"

Yes to that then.

And yes, if you write and say "I want your account details to pay you" they'll give it. Then set it up on net banking as payment by standing order.

They cannot affect the amounts on these.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Could people advise me on post 16 SCM wrote on 29th December 2009 the very date Lloyds Tsb said my hubbies DN had to be rectified by the DN was sent 7-12-09

SCM said in their letter that all the balance was due and that this was a "Formal demand prior to legal proceedings"

Is this termination?:confused:

Hi Laura

You must remember that most of the letters you receive are just threatagrams. From post 16 it sounds that Lloyds still hold your account, i would be inclined to send SCM a letter stating as you are dealing with this aledged account please send me a copy of my CCA, a copy of Notice of assignment and a copy of the DN. Without the NOA thay can't demand any money from you. Have you received a letter from Lloyds stating that from now on SCM are dealing with your account.

Gaz

Hi Gazza

No heard nothing from lloyds all that I have ever had is posted up strange that the default was to be remedied 29th December same day SCM send that letter at post 16, scm are in solicitors to Lloyds so don`t need to send letter of assignment

Think someone said on here when they request full balance the account is terminated but don`t think is terminated as last week I posted up a letter I received off Lloyds stating that the payment they have been refusing off the dmp for last 7 months they now accept for me to pay it directly to them and they sent me a payment book

They have never tried to negotiate just demand demand now they in for a shock when they get the new budget sheet offering £1 a month

I can assume then that this account isn`t terminated? some posts I have read say yes some say no here we go again conflicting advice

Laura

I would write to Lloyds and state thankyou for accepting my payment plan. Since corrisponding with you 7 months ago, my circumstances have changed, all i can afford per month to you and all my othere creditors is X amount amonth. I don't think your find it's been terminated, as SCM are just acting for Lloyds. Just draft a letter that i sent you in my last post, your find that there soon go away and hand it back to Lloyds.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Laughable isn`t it Lloyds Tsb have axed over 10,000 jobs in recent months they have been bailed out by the tax payer and now Eric Daniels Chief Executive as been awarded a £10m bonus for whay? and here is the banks customers been trampled on for a few quid pure greed and a damn right disgrace

• 2 weeks later...

Photo0001-6.jpg?t=1267643347When I sent for CCA said it could not be located this was last year SARS have eventually come with what is supposed to be the application/agreement, payment protection is ticked this was never took out and never used insurance on any credit card or loan

Date signed is 17-1-02 top of application is signed by a member of Lloyds Tsb it has date 23-1-2002

Middle as another date stamped 21 Jan 2002

On papers that have come it says account opened 25th Jan 2002 none of the dates make sense if application was supposed to have been posted etc and be sent back authorised it could not have gone backwards and forwards in that amount of time and account number and protection insurance false:confused:

Edited by Laura Cooke

Photo0002-3.jpg?t=1267643418Sent for Sars and this was sent (A copy of application and 1 page of terms which was clipped to the application) they have just sent it after it seems they located it? The back of the application/agrement is blank now if this 1 page of terms and conditions belong to the application why isn`t it on the back of the application!!!

A few months ago they sent a reconstructed copy of terms and conditions and a copy of agreement but no Application as they said they could not locate it. It said at top of those conditions "These conditions are effective from 3 December 2001 it contained 7 pages

This they have just sent with the SARS has on it "These conditions are effective from 1 September 2001 it has just the 1 page and starts off at number 3 and ends at 4 which states Credit Limit (see also conditions 5 (f) and (g) but the number doesn`t go past 4 then the special rates mentioned are different to the terms and conditions they originally sent when I did a CCA request. No mention of default charges isn`t this a must on prescibed terms?

I`m totally baffled as also on this 1 page is crammed "Your Rights and "Your Personal Data And LLoyds Tsb" on the 7 pages of terms and conditions sent originally with the CCA request this was at the last of the 7 pages?:confused:

Edited by Laura Cooke

I have just dealt with an old supposed debt, asked for more information and a copy of original document signed by yours truely.

As this could not be found, they apologised and told me that they could not pursue it further. Thank god!!

Lucky you Suzanne all that what is crammed down right hand side of the above document which is supposedly what was on the back of the application should not be there it has been copied and pasted as they were the prescribed terms it really isn`t on and no way did my hubbie sign for insurance protection never have never will

Edited by Laura Cooke

The statements sent with the sars only go back 6 years to 2004 not to the time the account was opened in 2001 is this right?

No. But the earlier statements will most likely be on microfiche but this is accepted as a relevant information filing system. Tell them if they don't produce then you will have to complain to the ICO.

M

M are they supposed to send you the statements from when you opened the account? It`s wrong to say this but that "Application" they have managed to find seems mocked up even though the signature is genuine hubbie never signed for no insurance it looks so fresh the black pen writing will contact them to ask for the statements back to the account opening thanks

Yes, all statements. we had the same thing with Barclaycard and when pushed they said that anything over 6 years was filed on microfiche so would be difficult to obtain.

We said "tough". And as it happened microfiche is already considered a relevant filing system so we threatened to report them to the ICO. Statements came about a week later :rolleyes: