currys matsui dishwasher only 15 months old, advice needed

dawnwb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I bought a Matsui dishwasher from currys online back in sept 08 2 weeks ago it stopped working, it seems the programmer has packed up so it wont go through its wash cycle. As its only 15 months old I called currys to be told the usuall "get an independant report etc"

After calling several repair men it seems we would be very unlikely to be able to get a report done as currys havent released part numbers for the dishwasher and because the programmer on the dishwasher is electronic it would be difficult to test for them to beable to write a report stating thats the problem.

Please could some one give me some advice about how next to proceed, i.e do i need to get currys out to look at the dishwasher and will i have to pay? If someone could advise me on my rights and maybe give me an idea of what to say to currys that would be a great help.

Hi, well as you may know by know Matsui is a dsg own brand - sometimes made by known manufacturer with a matsui badge on sometimes a cheap and nasty product I'm afraid - bit of a 50 /50 gamble when buying one.

It would then be quite normal for an Indy not to know the specifics so I would suggest a call to your local store and ask who fixes a fauty 'matsui xyz' under 1st year warranty / outwith 1st year (they will know as all products have a service route listed for them), whoever it is should also be able to come out do a chargeable estimate for you along with the cause of the fault.

You should then contact the Currys Customer Services Team and ask for the product to be fixed FOC and the cost of the estimate refunded. If unrepairable then a pro-rata refund or replacement giving the fact it has packed in after 15 months.