Aqua CCA- pics uploaded

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3976 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I posted on another thread but have not had any replies and I'm getting really worried and don't know what to do :(

I CCA'd Lowells in Nov who were chasing me for an Aqua Card debt after I had tried and failed to come to an amicable agreement with Aqua themselves.

However it's all a bit confusing,

Lowell's claim to be chasing on behalf of their client SAV Credit LTD?

The CCA makes no mention of this 'SAV Credit LTD' but refers to Halifax being who the arrangement is with. Then on the general terms and conditions they sent (which incidentally had my new address on, not my original address) it refers to the agreement being between me and RBOS?!!

Anyway, the actual CCA looks ok to me, except their signature is missing (it is stamped as being received- is this classed as a signature?)

Just wondered if someone could clarify a few things for me:

1) Although it mentions a credit limit, there is none set on the agreement- is this acceptable?

2)Do the terms and conditions they sent accompanying the cca bearing my signature have to be the same as when I opened the account? As they are dated 2008 and have my current address on? Or does this not matter if all of the prescribed terms are in place on the document I signed?

I'm sorry to be a pain but I find this all so confusing and don't know what to do next :(

cca1.jpg

moz-screenshot.pngmoz-screenshot-1.png

moz-screenshot-2.pngmoz-screenshot-3.png

So... they've added your name to a set of T&Cs that aren't even with the same bank, and are claiming they're linked to the account? Very creative.

Yet I can't understand why they need to do it as they appear, at first glance, to have an enforceable agreement.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I've tried to scan the other document they sent along with the above cca but for some reason it keeps cutting the top with the relevant info off it.

Anyway, it was just a pile of printed sheets titled 'Credit Card Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1074'

Then it listed the parties as being me (at my current address not the address I lived at when I signed the agreement) and 'Bank of Scotland plc' (instead of Halifax as shown in the cca above)

Despite the fact this is likely to be the current terms and conditions, does that even matter in light of the document in the picture above that they have sent me?

Is the rule about the Terms and Conditions only applicable when the signature is on a separate sheet to the prescribed information?

I just don't get it :(

Bank of Scotland and RBOS aren't the same! HBOS = Halifax Bank of Scotland.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.