Parking Tickets and Photographs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a quick one,

I was given a parking ticket for supposedly parking on a bus stop (contravention of code 47). I utterly refute this and have appealed against this. I was parked next the stop and not on it. Does the council have to provide a photograph of said contravention or do they just have to take the parking wardens word for it.

I asked for a copy of the photograph providing the evidence and they say that they dont have to provide it.

please help

Yeah, phone them up and ask for it. If they say they don't have to provide it, say yes, understood, but please could you have a copy anyway, perhaps by email.

If they flatly refuse, ask if they have images at all, and why they won't provide them, and please can you have that in writing.

Take it from there...

Photo evidence is not compulsory but councils usually do it voluntarily to make things easier for them.

If your appeals are rejected you can go to the Adjudicator. There you would be liable for a penalty of up to £5000 if you purposely lied, so it is usually taken for granted that both parties tell the truth.

If you were adamant you parked outside the bay and the council could not prove you didn't, most Adjudicators would believe the motorist.