3 year warranty invalid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I bought two laptops from Simply Acer on Jan 4th 2008. I paid 50pounds each for 3 year extended warranty.

Just last week the power supply packed up. I rang the Acer warranty number and they told me that I hadn't registered the warranties. To cut a long story short, within the paraphanalia that came with the laptops were sealed booklets that had numbers and passwords that have to be registered online. I did the process and rang them back. They then said that they could see that I had registered but didnt accept the warranty because I didn't do it within 1 year of purchase.

I didn't know the warranty had to be registered, the retailer didn't tell me this. Sure enough it does confirm this in the sealed booklet but I think it's a little unfair because untill last week I had no reason to open the warranty booklet.

If I've messed up I'll be gutted but I'll accept my error. But I was just wondering if I do have any rights. They are totally unforgiving at Acer, even though I've stated I don't want my warranty to begin when I registered, and its only the power supply: it's not like its the motherboard or something expensive. I tried to argue that if I'm not told specifically to open the seal, or there is not a message on the back telling me to open it, why sould I assume that it's something I have to do: I didn't do it with the warranties I got when I bought my TV from Currys or a laptop from Comet.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Hi I should quote them the Sale of Goods act. This gives you six years to sort out problems- Though many suppliers don't want you to know that!

Goods should be fit for purpose- etc.

Hope this helps.

PS You have this in Law rather than paying for any expensive useless so called warenties.

Whilst this isn't going to be helpful in getting Acer to actually do anything if they won't honour the warranty then ask for your money back that you paid for the extended warranty. -then go to maplin or PC world and get a new power supply.

I mean they can see when you bought the laptop, they can see when you bought the warranty. this seems like they are trying to get out of honouring the warranty.

yep it matters not really extended or not

some will say that the psu is not covered under manu warranty anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...