SkyBox failed , they say go see the installer!!

accesspwd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK. ill be as straight forward and as simple as i can here.

I got a TV entertainment package (sky) and everything was running fine.

However, i have hired 3 box office films and they have all played up, i contacted the company and they refunded the one i was watching at the time. The told me to go through the menu and 'rebuild' the sstem settings. I done this then continued to watch the film, again i had problems.

The screen kept going blue and the film cuting of, i had to turn over and back on to get the film back on.

Then today i got another box office film and got the same issued, now im paying £4.95 for each film and i cant watch the whole film.

So i sent them an email asking for a solution, this is their response:

Customer Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email about the technical issue.

I’m very sorry for the poor service you’ve received and apologise for any inconvenience you’ve suffered as a result of this.

Having looked at your account, I can see that your equipment is installed by a third party. If you do need to book a service call, we can arrange this for you for a fee of 65.00 (GBP).

This one off payment also covers the cost of a refurbished replacement box if the engineer can’t repair your existing one. Your refurbished box will also have a 90-day warranty.

If you would prefer, one of our Technical advisors we can assist you over the phone. To speak with one of our agents or to book a service call, please call our Technical team on 08442 411 411.

Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter.

Thanks

You will notice they said that a third party installed my box. This is because Sky got the third party company to install everything on their behalf.

Now for my questions:

Am i liable to pay this charge as its their technical fault?

Can i pull out of my 12 month contract for the service im getting? (ive had sky for 1 month)

I have read the contract and it says the following?

SKY BOX AND WARRANTY:

The digital satellite equipment comes with a warranty against faults arising in the first 12 months after installation. The 12 month warranty also covers cablin and/or installation faults. The following are not covered by the warranty: faults arising from misuse, accidential, deliberate damage, damage arising from use of equipment that is not supplied by of on behalf of sky with the digital satellite equipment.

Now to me the liability is still with then, and the T&C's dont mention any call out fees.

Can they charge this fee of £65?

Train hard...Fight easy

Is there anything on their terms that says they can use 3rd party for the initial install. If the rest of the sky is working properly it sounds like a simple tweek of the settings.

Sky have such poor customer service I have had murders with their 3rd parties attempting to repair their mistakes Im lucky Im still in warranty.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

They are a nightmare aint they.

There technical department ran through the tweeks with me on the phone, but still had the problems.

I feel they aint helping at all. Now i just want out of the contract, i have spend £15 on box office movies and have not even watched them.

Now i feel like im stuck in limbo

Train hard...Fight easy

who installed it

phone them /write to them and ask them to come and fix it- it is their responsibility and is not fit for purpose

if they dont you will have to pay sky and then claim from the installer

if the "third party" installer was instructed by sky then they are responsible for their actions

Hi,

I would contact Sky again and inform them that this is still under warranty.

As they arranged the third party installer, this is (in my opinion) nothing to do with you. Your contract is with Sky and not the third party.

Someone hasn't looked how long you have been a customer.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE