Parrking Ticket - Paid by credit card - Refundable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just heard from my mum that my uncle got a parking ticket. I rushed to the phone to call him as I have read some brilliant info here. Apparently he has paid it 'euro carparks' but by credit card.

I know credit cards offer better protection for shoppers but does this apply to pcn's?

The story is he bought a new 40" tv and went to pick it up as they don't deliver. He parked in a permit holders bay only but didn't realise due to the snow covered ground.

After less than 10 minutes he returned to the van to realise he had a ticket. Can credit cards be held joint responsible to the refund of this £80?

Its a shame I didn't hear sooner.

Thanks for any replies, Chris

It's not always that straight forward getting a refund on a credit card and I think possibly the protections don't kick in until the value is >£100

Someone else may be along shortly that knows better.

Although the extra protection afforded by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act does not kick in until £100, your bank may be willing to attempt to recover funds via a chargeback.

If you ask the company for a refund and they refuse, you could try asking your bank to issue a chargeback. If you explain that payment was made in error and that the company is refusing to refund the money, your bank may agree to go down the chargeback route. To be honest I'm not convinced your bank will play ball, as this isn't a typical chargeback scenario, but it can't hurt to ask.