style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had some new Glasses made by D&A Opticians in Bishops Stortford. They cost £650 and i can neither see or read with them. They made a mistake with prescription and then forced an oversise lens into a frame which buckled . They say the frames are bespoke and therefore cannot be refunded. I am going to make a claim against them i can't afford to lose this money. Has anybody had similar problems with this company?

Some posts here have been removed. Please do not contact members directly or ask them to contact you directly without prior authorisation from the Site Administrator.

The SOGA would apply in this case, as per the post by myrealname.

I have also moved this thread to a more appriopriate subforum.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)