Swiss driver's £180,408 speeding fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:eek::eek:

In Switzerland, speeding fines are means tested and it's proved very costly for one millionaire driver. Clocked at 100km/h (62mph) driving through a Swiss village, the Ferrari Testarossa-driving millionaire has been punished with a 299,000 Swiss Francs fine - the equivalent of about £180,408.

Swiss driver's £180,408 speeding fine - Yahoo! Cars

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

In Switzerland, speeding fines are means tested and it's proved very costly for one millionaire driver. Clocked at 100km/h (62mph) driving through a Swiss village, the Ferrari Testarossa-driving millionaire has been punished with a 299,000 Swiss Francs fine - the equivalent of about £180,408.

Seems a bit excessive. Still, I don't suppose things are all bad in Switzerland.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

With a wealth of 14m thats not a lot really the driver will soon get that back in interest.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Yes BB love the toys .. :D

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

It's not just means-tested, it's also calculated at x amount multiplied by the number of kms you were over the allowed limit. The speed limit would have been approx. 40 km/h, so 22 km over the limit x whatever he could afford. That's one hell of a "per km" price! :shock:

I would be asking for the speed gun calibration certificate to make sure it was working on the day ..

Although it could be worse if they found it was reading low on the check :eek:

WARNING TO ALL

LOL, it's worse on the motorway... You get clocked in at what time you go in and what time you go out, which means that if you speed on the m/way, you will have to slow down or stop before you leave or next you know will be you get a ticket... Average speed, you see. The Swiss don't mess about, same with litter, people here are complaining, in Switzerland, they simply do NOT litter, it's simply not worth it... (it's another story as soon as they cross the border, mind you)

They do have great chocolate and stunning scenery though. Oh, and a few cms of snow never get in the way of the great Swiss machinery (I think it's becaue the snow wouldn't dare!)

I think fines should be based on your income and a minimum threshold thus someone earning £100,000 caught speeding would pay as per current level but additional amount based on their income, i.e. 10%. May help improve the manners of some drivers.

I got done just before Christmas - 36 in a 30 zone. I opted for the 'Driver Education Course' to keep my licence clean. I think it was worth it and I learned a few things.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I got done just before Christmas - 36 in a 30 zone. I opted for the 'Driver Education Course' to keep my licence clean. I think it was worth it and I learned a few things.

Regards.

Fred

You were lucky you were able to do that as I also got caught at 36 in a 30 mph zone. I thought I was doing 30 mpg but there was a fault with the speedo and it was under reading.

You were lucky you were able to do that as I also got caught at 36 in a 30 mph zone. I thought I was doing 30 mpg but there was a fault with the speedo and it was under reading.

I don't know if all Local Authorities give the chance, but I got caught In Somerset. It was a bit inconvenient - 100 mile round trip to get there 2 days before Christmas, but I've done it now and I'm glad that I did.

Regards.

Fred