Flight refund package holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to claim the cost of my flight tickets from Thomson holidays

The holiday was booked as a package, the long haul flight was delayed for over 15 hours so we decided to abandon it not wishing to lose a day of the holiday and having to sit in departures for over 24 hours with no offer of a hotel

Thomson has told me that the cost of the flight is estimated at £81 each way this is a long haul flight to Barbados!

I asked them how they arrived at that figure they say it is a set price for long all flights!

The delays where caused by the bad weather

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to claim the cost of my flight tickets from Thomson holidays

The holiday was booked as a package, the long haul flight was delayed for over 15 hours so we decided to abandon it not wishing to lose a day of the holiday and having to sit in departures for over 24 hours with no offer of a hotel

Thomson has told me that the cost of the flight is estimated at £81 each way this is a long haul flight to Barbados!

I asked them how they arrived at that figure they say it is a set price for long all flights!

The delays where caused by the bad weather

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Cletus

Same advice I gave you on the other forum.

Cityboy62

The situation has now changed slightly

After the 15 hour stay at the airport a rep from Thomson handed me an information sheet on their letterhead I have attached a copy

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/cletus0898/form.jpg

During the last telephone conversation Thomson’s are now saying they will give me nothing and to go to my insurers, they know I have the form because they asked me to fax it to them.

On the basis of being handed the form I made my decision not to travel, as at that time I knew nothing about the Montreal convention or any other EU statutes

Edited by cletus1
update