style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to everyone ,

1st time on the site after registering , but have been reading threads for a while and am gobsmacked at how ordinary people can muck in to beat the big boys.

My case concerns the Halifax,

Took out a credit card with them around 4 years ago and kept up payments as agreed until Dec / Jan 2009 . Also took a loan out with them several months before Dec 09 with finances being ok and had no problems. Then it all started.

Self employed kitchen fitter and the credit crunch hit me hard . Work dropped off and monies started getting tight. No work for 4 months. Carried on paying card payments but then decided to use the Payment Protection Insurance, I had been paying for all this time.

Waited for around 4 weeks and no forms arrived, contacted card services in Ireland and was told they would send new forms but i could not backdate the claim from when i initially applied. (Sounds to me like they save a months payments for delaying sending the forms out).

Shortly after i recieved a phone call out of the blue from Card Services in Ireland just to tell me that i was not covered by the PPI and had been misold the policy. She even told me a figure of over £2400 could be claimed back. During and after the phone call , alarm bells were ringing as to why they had made the effort to contact me and to admit they were wrong and more or less offer me my PPI payments back. At the time i was near my limit of £5800.

I was asked if i declared it to them ,that i was self employed when i took out the PPI. I told her i would not take out a credit card unless i had peace of mind if i was injured at work or had no work at all.

This also applies to the loan taken out , both were done over the phone and i guess they will be recorded

In fact when the Card services phoned and told me i was not covered , she actually instructed me to speak to the insurance side direct and ask for the Manager and to request a transcript of my initial phone conversation where i declared being self employed. ( But have not done it).

Thats the basics of my story but my question is.

If i have been misold a PPI. Have i any grounds to dispute the total debt on the card ,my argument being .

Initially if i had been told that PPI would not cover me against being Self Employed ,i would never of agreed to having the card in the 1st place .

This also applies to the loan i took out with them as well.

This is the only credit card i have ever had and the 1st loan in over twenty years.

I always pay my debts and am not trying to be greedy , But the Halifax have hounded me for 12 months and in my opinion have been rude and threatening throughout. They use Albion Collections as a front as if they were just a normal debt collection agency. But how can they enter into my bank account and withdraw money from an ISA to put towards the debt i have with the Halifax. I find this a bit strange . Moorcroft debt recovery is another . Threatening removing goods and a charging order on my house.As well as Blair Oliver and something Solicitors. Constant phone calls practically every day from 8am to 9pm from both Halifax, Abion and text mesages to my phone from there Soliccitors.

Its got me to the point of being depressed . the worst year for me ever.

Here's a scenario.Do you think the Halifax were possibly trying to keep me sweet regarding paying me back PPI payments for duff insurance, hoping i would be happy with that. and then for me to carry on paying them the balance off , of the full card debt as well as there charges. Maybe i'm getting a bit parranoid with all this

I now want to screw the Halifax for everything humanly posssible and create some sh-t for them and see how they like it. Just like to walk round with a big cheesy grin on my face.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated , any more detailed info can be given if needed.

Thanks to everyone in advance. and Cheers.

Hello and Welcome, oddball1000.

Good to see you on the site :)

I'll move your thread to the PPI Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 month later...
Hi to everyone ,

1st time on the site after registering , but have been reading threads for a while and am gobsmacked at how ordinary people can muck in to beat the big boys.

My case concerns the Halifax,

Took out a credit card with them around 4 years ago and kept up payments as agreed until Dec / Jan 2009 . Also took a loan out with them several months before Dec 09 with finances being ok and had no problems. Then it all started.

Self employed kitchen fitter and the credit crunch hit me hard . Work dropped off and monies started getting tight. No work for 4 months. Carried on paying card payments but then decided to use the Payment Protection Insurance, I had been paying for all this time.

Waited for around 4 weeks and no forms arrived, contacted card services in Ireland and was told they would send new forms but i could not backdate the claim from when i initially applied. (Sounds to me like they save a months payments for delaying sending the forms out).

Shortly after i recieved a phone call out of the blue from Card Services in Ireland just to tell me that i was not covered by the PPI and had been misold the policy. She even told me a figure of over £2400 could be claimed back. During and after the phone call , alarm bells were ringing as to why they had made the effort to contact me and to admit they were wrong and more or less offer me my PPI payments back. At the time i was near my limit of £5800.

I was asked if i declared it to them ,that i was self employed when i took out the PPI. I told her i would not take out a credit card unless i had peace of mind if i was injured at work or had no work at all.

This also applies to the loan taken out , both were done over the phone and i guess they will be recorded

In fact when the Card services phoned and told me i was not covered , she actually instructed me to speak to the insurance side direct and ask for the Manager and to request a transcript of my initial phone conversation where i declared being self employed. ( But have not done it).

Thats the basics of my story but my question is.

If i have been misold a PPI. Have i any grounds to dispute the total debt on the card ,my argument being .

Initially if i had been told that PPI would not cover me against being Self Employed ,i would never of agreed to having the card in the 1st place .

This also applies to the loan i took out with them as well.

This is the only credit card i have ever had and the 1st loan in over twenty years.

I always pay my debts and am not trying to be greedy , But the Halifax have hounded me for 12 months and in my opinion have been rude and threatening throughout. They use Albion Collections as a front as if they were just a normal debt collection agency. But how can they enter into my bank account and withdraw money from an ISA to put towards the debt i have with the Halifax. I find this a bit strange . Moorcroft debt recovery is another . Threatening removing goods and a charging order on my house.As well as Blair Oliver and something Solicitors. Constant phone calls practically every day from 8am to 9pm from both Halifax, Abion and text mesages to my phone from there Soliccitors.

Its got me to the point of being depressed . the worst year for me ever.

Here's a scenario.Do you think the Halifax were possibly trying to keep me sweet regarding paying me back PPI payments for duff insurance, hoping i would be happy with that. and then for me to carry on paying them the balance off , of the full card debt as well as there charges. Maybe i'm getting a bit parranoid with all this

I now want to screw the Halifax for everything humanly posssible and create some sh-t for them and see how they like it. Just like to walk round with a big cheesy grin on my face.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated , any more detailed info can be given if needed.

Thanks to everyone in advance. and Cheers.

Sorry about the delay in a response.

IMO it will be unlikely you can get the balance of the card written off.

But if you believe you have been mis-sold then you should claim it back. If they do not pay up then complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service..

There are lots of links in the stickies at the top of the forum here are a few to hopefully help you get started.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

Full SAR for ppi

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

A ‘demands and needs’ questionnaire.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

BANKS are giving incorrect advice on PPI

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

A lot of homework to do but lots of help available in these links

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 7 months later...