• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

yes car credit and go debt...

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3896 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

give me half an hour and ime going to give you a letter to email to these cretins

the agreement is null and void:)

not only on the insurance and deposit but that has to be the worst credit agreement ive ever seen:D

give me half an hour and ime going to give you a letter to email to these cretins

the agreement is null and void:)

not only on the insurance and deposit but that has to be the worst credit agreement ive ever seen:D

brilliant thankyou so much....:)

Rocky09

Xx

Xxx

Godebt

Xxx

Xxx

Date

Agreement number

Ref yes car agreement

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT TO YOU OR ANY OTHER COMPANY

DEAR SIR/MADAM

YOU HAVE CONTACTED ME REFERENCE AN ACCOUNT WITH YES CAR CREDIT.

I REQUESTED THAT YOU EMAIL TO ME A COPY OF THE AGREEMENT FOR WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED.

AFTER HAVING AN AUDIT DONE ON THE AGREEMENT, IT APPEARS THAT THE AGREEMENT IS UNENFORCEABLE AND THAT YOUR COMPANY GODEBT IS WELL AWARE ON THE SHORTCOMMINGS OF THESE AGREEMENTS.

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN,

ANY DEPOSIT OR TRADE IN HAS BEEN ADDED AS A DEPOSIT ON THE INSURANCE PRODUCTS AND NOT THE PURPOSE THEY ARE INTENDED FOR.

THAT BEING THE CAR.

IT APPEARS YOUR COMPANY HAS HAD PRIOR DEALING WITH A FIRM OF SOLICITORS CALLED STEPHENSONS AND I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO PLACE THIS MATTER IN THERE HANDS. COSTS WILL THEN BECOME AN ISSUE.

I EXPECT YOU NOW TO CLOSE DOWN THIS FILE AS I HAVE PUT THE ACCOUNT NOW INTO OFFICIAL DISPUTE AND NEED NOT REMIND YOU ON THE REGULATIONS UNDER THE

CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS.

IT SEEMS STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE LEGALITY OF THESE AGREEMENTS BUT STILL CONTINUES TO ENFORCE. THAT ACTION MAY BE TANTRAMOUNT TO THE FRAUD ACT.

I NOW EXPECT YOUR COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT TO INVESTIGATE MY CONCERNS AND REPLY WITH IN THE PRESCRIBED TIME SCALES AND THAT NO CONTACT BE MADE WHILE THIS DISPUTE CONTINUES.

WHILE THIS INVESTIGATION CONTINUES I REQUIRE YOU TO SEND ME A FULL STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT, ANY DEFAULT AND TERMINATION NOTICE, AND ANY NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT.

I MAKE THIS REQUEST BEING THAT YOU NOW REPORT YOURSELF AS THE CREDITOR AND MUST ACKNOWLEDGE MY REQUEST WITH ALL RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE CREDITOR.

I MUST SAY THE AGREEMENT YOU HAVE SUPPLIED MUST BE ONE OF THE WORST CREDIT AGREEMENTS IVE EVER SEEN AND WILL FULLY DEFEND ANY ACTION BY YOUR COMPANY WITH COSTS.

I TRUST I HAVE MADE MY POSITION CLEAR AND WILL NO LONGER ENTER INTO NEGOTIATIONS WITH YOUR COMPANY.

IT MAY SOUND A BIT HARSH BUT IVE HAD PLENTY OF DEALINGS WITH GODEBT

ITS THE ONLY LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTAND

CUT AND PASTE THAT TO WORD

THEN SEND IT TO GODEBT AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT OR CUT AND PASTE STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL

IF THEY PHONE

DONT ANSWER THERE QUESTIONS, JUST KEEP REPEATING

EVERYTHING IN WRITING

EVERYTHING IN WRITING

THEY ARE VERY GOOD AT MIND GAMES AND ITS FOR YOUR PROTECTION

PLEASE KEEP YOUR THREAD UPDATED, DOES NOT MATTER HOW SMALL

Rocky09

Xx

Xxx

Godebt

Xxx

Xxx

Date

Agreement number

Ref yes car agreement

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT TO YOU OR ANY OTHER COMPANY

DEAR SIR/MADAM

YOU HAVE CONTACTED ME REFERENCE AN ACCOUNT WITH YES CAR CREDIT.

I REQUESTED THAT YOU EMAIL TO ME A COPY OF THE AGREEMENT FOR WHICH I HAVE RECEIVED.

AFTER HAVING AN AUDIT DONE ON THE AGREEMENT, IT APPEARS THAT THE AGREEMENT IS UNENFORCEABLE AND THAT YOUR COMPANY GODEBT IS WELL AWARE ON THE SHORTCOMMINGS OF THESE AGREEMENTS.

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN,

ANY DEPOSIT OR TRADE IN HAS BEEN ADDED AS A DEPOSIT ON THE INSURANCE PRODUCTS AND NOT THE PURPOSE THEY ARE INTENDED FOR.

THAT BEING THE CAR.

IT APPEARS YOUR COMPANY HAS HAD PRIOR DEALING WITH A FIRM OF SOLICITORS CALLED STEPHENSONS AND I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO PLACE THIS MATTER IN THERE HANDS. COSTS WILL THEN BECOME AN ISSUE.

I EXPECT YOU NOW TO CLOSE DOWN THIS FILE AS I HAVE PUT THE ACCOUNT NOW INTO OFFICIAL DISPUTE AND NEED NOT REMIND YOU ON THE REGULATIONS UNDER THE

CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS.

IT SEEMS STRANGE TO ME THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE LEGALITY OF THESE AGREEMENTS BUT STILL CONTINUES TO ENFORCE. THAT ACTION MAY BE TANTRAMOUNT TO THE FRAUD ACT.

I NOW EXPECT YOUR COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT TO INVESTIGATE MY CONCERNS AND REPLY WITH IN THE PRESCRIBED TIME SCALES AND THAT NO CONTACT BE MADE WHILE THIS DISPUTE CONTINUES.

WHILE THIS INVESTIGATION CONTINUES I REQUIRE YOU TO SEND ME A FULL STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT, ANY DEFAULT AND TERMINATION NOTICE, AND ANY NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT.

I MAKE THIS REQUEST BEING THAT YOU NOW REPORT YOURSELF AS THE CREDITOR AND MUST ACKNOWLEDGE MY REQUEST WITH ALL RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE CREDITOR.

I MUST SAY THE AGREEMENT YOU HAVE SUPPLIED MUST BE ONE OF THE WORST CREDIT AGREEMENTS IVE EVER SEEN AND WILL FULLY DEFEND ANY ACTION BY YOUR COMPANY WITH COSTS.

I TRUST I HAVE MADE MY POSITION CLEAR AND WILL NO LONGER ENTER INTO NEGOTIATIONS WITH YOUR COMPANY.

IT MAY SOUND A BIT HARSH BUT IVE HAD PLENTY OF DEALINGS WITH GODEBT

ITS THE ONLY LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTAND

CUT AND PASTE THAT TO WORD

THEN SEND IT TO GODEBT AS AN EMAIL ATTACHMENT OR CUT AND PASTE STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL

IF THEY PHONE

DONT ANSWER THERE QUESTIONS, JUST KEEP REPEATING

EVERYTHING IN WRITING

EVERYTHING IN WRITING

THEY ARE VERY GOOD AT MIND GAMES AND ITS FOR YOUR PROTECTION

PLEASE KEEP YOUR THREAD UPDATED, DOES NOT MATTER HOW SMALL

thankyou... so what happens? do i need to go see someone? or am i playing them at there own games... threats??:D

You Will Be Playing Them At There Own Game

Go Debt Tried In The Early Days To Take People To Court Along With Another Dca Called Marlin

The Cases Were Thrown Out

These Agreements Are No More Than Lemons

Go Debt Will Drag It Out, You Will Get An Offer Of A Grand As Full And Final

Just Ignore

They Wont Take You To Court

Post Office Ping Pong For A Few Months And They Will Just Fade Away

Ive Not Lost A Yes Car Yet

You Will Be Playing Them At There Own Game

Go Debt Tried In The Early Days To Take People To Court Along With Another Dca Called Marlin

The Cases Were Thrown Out

These Agreements Are No More Than Lemons

Go Debt Will Drag It Out, You Will Get An Offer Of A Grand As Full And Final

Just Ignore

They Wont Take You To Court

Post Office Ping Pong For A Few Months And They Will Just Fade Away

Ive Not Lost A Yes Car Yet

they said they was going to turn up at the house or my husbands work place.. will they? they said they will come take our belongings... they want 1500 cash. and they will leave us alone..

This Is Why I Hate Dca

Only A Court Can Send Baliffs, Attachment Of Earnings

They Have No Right To Send Anybody To You

Its All Threats In 99,9999% Of The Time

Send That By Email Now And Put The Acount Into Dispute

They Can Do SFA Then

Then Send The Original By Recorded Delievery To Go Debt

Relax

Its All Mind Games

This Is Why I Hate Dca

Only A Court Can Send Baliffs, Attachment Of Earnings

They Have No Right To Send Anybody To You

Its All Threats In 99,9999% Of The Time

Send That By Email Now And Put The Acount Into Dispute

They Can Do SFA Then

Then Send The Original By Recorded Delievery To Go Debt

Relax

Its All Mind Games

i have emailed it...:shock:

Now If They Phone

Remember

Everything In Writing

Everything In Writing

You Have Put The Acount Into Dispute

Dont Get Into A Conversation

They Can Talk The Hind Leg Off A Dog

i have sent you another email that i got today.. hope you dont mind...

• 3 weeks later...

just wondering what has happened with this rocky, as i am in a similar position, and i also sent them an email containing the sample letter kindly posted on here, and got an email back a couple of days later basically calling my bluff! :(

just wondering what has happened with this rocky, as i am in a similar position, and i also sent them an email containing the sample letter kindly posted on here, and got an email back a couple of days later basically calling my bluff! :(

i had a email i sent it to someone on here to look at but not heard anything back yet... i got a letter from go debt to contact them... not going to though....not sure what to do now..????

• 2 weeks later...