TV From Dixons

fs1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and have a good new year.

I bought a 32" LCD HD TV from Dixons on 29/09/2009. Around early December the TV developed a fault. I eventually got through to the 'Tech Guys' (TG) who arranged for TV to be picked up and repaired. The TV was taken on 06/12/2009. About 2 weeks after that I received a text message from TG informing me that they have all the parts to repair my TV.

It is now 32 calendar days since the TV was taken for repairs. How long can Dixons keep the TV? Can anyone please advise me on what my rights are in this situation?

Regards

Edited by fs1

Renzokuken

Thanks for your qick reply. Just an other question before I call. Does the 28 days appy to all days or just working days.

Regards

Called After Sales on Saturday afternoon. Told as over 28 days I am entitled to a replacement TV. Told them I do not want a replacement TV but an upgrade. I was told it may not be possible as TV was bought on Finance. I offered to pay the difference with upgrade. They are not sure if they can do that and have referred to Head Office where someone will call me on Wednesday. Does anyone know if what I ask is possible?

Called After Sales on Saturday afternoon. Told as over 28 days I am entitled to a replacement TV. Told them I do not want a replacement TV but an upgrade. I was told it may not be possible as TV was bought on Finance. I offered to pay the difference with upgrade. They are not sure if they can do that and have referred to Head Office where someone will call me on Wednesday. Does anyone know if what I ask is possible?

They should send a code so the store can print your vouchers for a replacement TV, you can add whatever you like to these vouchers at the till point, they do not have to be spent on the same TV, or even the reccommended TV on the vouchers. The other possibility is that they'll ring the store and ask them to exchange the TV, in this case just tell the customer service rep in the store that you'd like to upgrade and pay the difference, they'll be fine with it. I mean no store would object to extra money in their till.

They should send a code so the store can print your vouchers for a replacement TV, you can add whatever you like to these vouchers at the till point, they do not have to be spent on the same TV, or even the reccommended TV on the vouchers. The other possibility is that they'll ring the store and ask them to exchange the TV, in this case just tell the customer service rep in the store that you'd like to upgrade and pay the difference, they'll be fine with it. I mean no store would object to extra money in their till.

Got a call from head office today. Was offered a replacement, change or upgrade TV as he said "Dixons had breached their 28 day rule with the repair"; as you advised. Plumbed for upgrade to Sony Bravia W5180, paying extra with original finance deal staying the same. Getting delivered on Monday. Great service....... in the end.....though never did find out what happened with original TV.

Thanks for your help Renzokuken.

Got a call from head office today. Was offered a replacement, change or upgrade TV as he said "Dixons had breached their 28 day rule with the repair"; as you advised. Plumbed for upgrade to Sony Bravia W5180, paying extra with original finance deal staying the same. Getting delivered on Monday. Great service....... in the end.....though never did find out what happened with original TV.

Well done sorted.:)

Anytime buddy.

The original TV will probably be either repaired and resold as a reconditioned item via the website. Or they'll write it off and have it destroyed.

• Haha 1