BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

my boyfreind moved out of his house owing council tax i presume a balif turnt up there as the landlady gave them my address he told the balifs( rossendales) he dosnt live here they said they couldnt put his car down as it is on hp so he let them in while i was out and sighned even though they know its not his house im preety sure i can tell them where to go but they convinced him to sighn so now his payment is overdue and my furniture is on there list any advice pls

Hi emsy31. Initial thoughts til someone better pops by. Are you named on the council tax documents or are they in his sole name? If the latter, then you owe nothing and the bailiffs cannot take anything which does not belong to him.

Rae.

I suggest you email and write to the bailiff company ASAP informing them that they have made an invalid levy as the items listed belong solely to you and not your boyfriend

Heres a tamplete.

The Omnipotent Bailiff Co, Plc

Their Address 1

Their Address 2

Their Address 3

Postcode

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: [YOUR NAME]: Notice of Ownership

I write to you understanding you or your firm of bailiffs has seized, or is intending to seize [CHATTELS/A VEHICLE] or other property belonging to me at the above-mentioned address as collateral for an alleged debt belonging to somebody else.

I confirm that I am the lawful owner of the aforesaid property and contents and there is no entitlement enabling you to change ownership, possession, location, use and enjoyment of my property. This means both you and anyone acting for you are now unable to consider my goods to be prima facie the property of anyone else.

Please be advised that any attempt to subvert or rebuke this notice will result in a Form 4 complaint being automatically filed at the certificating court along with an application for costs without contacting you further. Both you as a firm and your bailiff may also be criminally liable for committing offences under Section 2 and 4 of the Fraud Act 2006 and any criminal element to this matter will be passed to the police.

This document is delivered by Royal Mail and I deem it to be served upon you by the ordinary course of post in the meaning of Section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 and therefore it is your responsibility and in your own interests this letter is handed to the relevant person within your organisation.

Yours Sincerely

YOUR NAME

The next generation Nintendo Wii - the Nintendo Puu