Park Motor Finance - Default Notice

LarissaJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

......... got a default sums notice this morning for over £300 legal fees

Larissa, I simply dont know the answer, I have hit the panic button for you. Hopefully someone from the site team will know.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would have thought if they had both signed a consent order to vacate they would bear their own costs, :???:

Also, what does it say exactly in the consent order, Larissa.. does it mention costs and how they will be apportioned ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The consent order simply says ''costs in the case'' too. no explanation.

When I phoned park's solicitors the day before the hearing, she mentioned nothing about the costs either, she said that the consent order is just to have the hearing vacated.

I've now heard from the insurance company and a check has been sent to park, now it's up to the gap insurance to bridge the gap!!! I'm not sure if they will pay all of it though, it seems wrong in a sense that the gap insurance have to pay what is around £1000 of charges, but it's stille early days with the ''gap people'' yet!!!

consumeractiongroup.co.uk

• 2 months later...

Would they have to take me back to court to get any costs they want from me and if so, can I apply for my costs too? Because as it stands, none of us won in this case!!

The court case was stayed for 3 months and it was ordered that - within 7 days of the end of the period of stay both parties shall jointly notify the court in writing of the current position and what, if any, directions are required.

I now need to get something off to court, but can anyone help me and tell me what format etc. this needs to be in. The matter is still in the hands of the GAP insurance company, but it doesn't look like it will be long before it's paid out.

I've had to send off something off today that I think is appropriate, because there was a deadline. I've just said that it's due to be settled within the next 14 days.

• 7 months later...

Hiya All, I'm back! I need more help with this mess as they are threatening court again, but I'm pretty sure they are bluffing and don't have a leg to stand on! The insurance and the gap insurance has been paid to park, but they are still saying I owe almost £2000, the majority of which is their penalty charges and court costs! Please HELP!

Just had a brief read through the last 10 posts......why don't you send them your costs ? Bearing in mind the Litigant In Person rate is now £18 per hour + 40p per mile + £80 per day for time out of work to attend court + copying + postage.

Of course spending 10 hours of time researching into the consumer credit act costs you £180, then there is 10 hours spent research into other laws.....

Hi 42 man! yes, I had thought of doing that, as I've spent many, many hours reaserching. I was also thinking of something along the lines of claiming back the penalty charges (but obviously they haven't been paid, so not exactly claiming them back, just pointing them out as this is a big chunk of what is owed). Another thing that had crossed my mind, is why they sold me a gap insurance policy that didn't cover the gap? Also, the figure on the agreement is wrong (it's £1000 too much) but I have signed the agreement with this mistake on, so I'm guessing that I can't mention that? many thanks for your help

I'm really bad with figures, but I have the recipt for the car and I paid £1000 deposit, but they have put the price of the car up by £1000 so in effect the deposit hasn't been taken off!

I've got the receipt for the car from the garage. It doesn't surprise me really that I've been "done" by this company, because they have done everything they can to "do" me over the last few years! I'm surprised that they are even asking for these "arrears" in the first place knowing how they have treated me and knowing I'm willing to fight them in court!

• 1 month later...

I have today received a letter from parks solicitors saying that if I dont pay the arrears in the next 14 days, they will be applying back to court asking it to enter judgment against me. They have also attached an EX140 form - Record of Examination, for me to fill in. Can anyone tell me what this form is? It's headed "in the manchester civil justice centre" but that wasn't the court we were at last year.

I've spent the last few days going over all my correspondence and documents, in an attempt to get myself back up to date with everything, ready for the next court visit! The mix up with the amount seems to be that they have put the wrong sum on the agreement, and in later correspondence have stated a different figure, which is roughly around £1000.

Tried to have a good look at the figures and just can't see how they got this original figure. I don't think the deposit is the now the problem, I've seen it listed as a dealer deposit but it is very misleading as it's also made out the car purchase price was a thousand pound higher than it actually was.

From start to finish, park mf have swaped and changed the figures and the missed payments dates,nothing has been consistent, it's no wonder I'm so confused! I wonder how many other people theyve done this to and got away with it? Can anyone help with the ex140 form????

Edited by citizenB

Responding to reported post.

Trying to track down some help for you.

BCOBS

Hi Larissa with you shortly.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok larissa who as sent the EX140 the Claimant or the Court? I assume they have judgment? or about to have you submitted a defence?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread