Park Motor Finance - Default Notice

LarissaJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not too hot on that subject as personally i have seen no need/dont give a toss whats on my file as i now dont use credit of any kind

if it has been entered wrongly your first port of call is to write to whoever put it there and ask them to remove it

second port of call is the CRA

third port of call is ??

hi all! Just an update.

I haven't heard anything yet from Park, I sent a letter to their solicitors. Also, I have a telephone interview with the insurance company tomorrow and will know more then about what's happening.

Thanks dd, I'm going get all this mess sorted out first, then tackle the credit file!

consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Larissa, is there an update on this. How did the telephone interview with the Insurer go ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hiya Citizenb !!

The telephone interview was fine. I explained to them fully what had happened and that there is a hearing in april. The lady I was speaking with has never come accross this before and said that she might need to get back to me. She also said that it will take 3 to 6 weeks to complete.

I have also today received a letter from park's solicitors. They are asking a few questions about the theft, they want the crime number, name of officer that dealt with it, insurance company name and policy number and also confirmation that I've told the insurance company that they must send any payment direct to them (pursuant to the terms of the Agreement I had with their client). They have said that they want my response within 7 days of the date of the letter. It is dated 7th Feb, and I've only received it today, so they've not given me much time.

I will get a letter off to them in response tomorrow, they have also said that they will contact the court to inform it of the current position.

Hello Larissa,

That is good the interview wasnt too traumatic. At least you will be able to answer all the questions from the solicitors and if they are going to inform the court that is good as well.. although being the natural cynic I am, I would confirm that with the court in say 7 days time just to make sure they have :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

update - I've now had an offer from the insurance and also the gap insurance, so all should be going to park soon!

What I'm really annoyed about now, is that although I've paid over £6500 on this car, the situation that I have now, is that I have no car, no money to buy another one and no credit rating to get finance for one!!

I have a disabled daughter too and life is going to be very very hard now with no transport................. poo happens I guess !!!! :sad:

Larissa, are you not entitled (or your daughter) to help with the purchase of a vehicle through mobility benefit ?

BCOBS

Ouch, sorry to hear that :(

BCOBS

Thanks a million Citizenb for your concern. I know it's bad, but I am a fighter and as soon as I can I will be ''up'' again, I wont let them win, I've got a life to lead and a family to bring up !!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

quick update, the insurance still isn't sorted out, but I don't think it will be much longer now. The good news is that I've had a massive clear out and hit ebay and as a result I have managed to buy myself a little run around car, so I'm mobile again :)

update - I've now had an offer from the insurance and also the gap insurance, so all should be going to park soon!

What I'm really annoyed about now, is that although I've paid over £6500 on this car, the situation that I have now, is that I have no car, no money to buy another one and no credit rating to get finance for one!!

I have a disabled daughter too and life is going to be very very hard now with no transport................. poo happens I guess !!!! :sad:

be careful with motability finance....its patron is the queen - but check the interest rates as they can be a lot higher than many finance companies rates

quick update, the insurance still isn't sorted out, but I don't think it will be much longer now. The good news is that I've had a massive clear out and hit ebay and as a result I have managed to buy myself a little run around car, so I'm mobile again :)

Excellent :)

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

The insurance payout is draging on, still not had any news that park have been paid. Also, I haven't had any confirmation that next week's hearing has been cancelled, so sent a letter off to their solicitors today asking for confirmation. If it still goes ahead, I'm unsure of my position, or what the point would be. Any help will be welcome!!!

Oh dear, I dont know what would happen if Park havent been paid. Have you spoken to the Insurers ? I would keep checking with the court to see if the time allocated has been vacated.

BCOBS

The hearing time hasn't been vacated. I will phone their solicitors first thing tomorrow. I can't understand what use going to court will be now, when they are to be paid by the insurance and the gap insurance !!!

The solicitors are not getting back to me, despite leaving email and voicemail messages and sending a letter asking them to confirm that wednesday's hearing will be vacated.

Park are refusing to give the insurance company a settlement figure because I didn't sign the letter giving consent !!!

This is ridiculous, they are obviously still planning on going to court, but I can't understand why, as mine and their whole argument has completely changed now, so the witness statements are no longer relevant !!!!

Larissa, sorry only just seen this. I am assuming you are in court today, please let us know how you get on.

BCOBS

I would hope that the Judge gave Park short shrift for wasting his time.. but please do let us know !

BCOBS

Hiya! sorry for not getting back to you citizenb, my internet connection went down completely from monday till now.

I phoned park's solicitors on Tuesday after having no response to my letter or emails and she said that a consent order had been sent to me in the post which she said that I needed to sign and send back to them it if the hearing was to be vacated, I didn't have it, so eventually she sent it again by email but right at the last minute I had to have a quick dash to the library to use their computers and then I faxed it back to her at 3.30pm, she said that there should be enough time to vacate but I checked with the court on wednesday morning and was told that it was still on the list. I was unsure what to do, so turned up anyway. The judge did vacate the hearing and it is now stayed for 3 months. So it wasn't too bad in the end after all.

I am trusting that 3 months is more than enough time to get this ongoing claim sorted out!!!!

Hello Larissa, what a farce.. at least you have the stay / adjournment in place now. Lets hope the Insurers get their act together and resolve this swiftly.

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya! I've just received the order from the court and it states :-

1. The hearing be vacated

2. both parties to contact court in writing noting current position within 7 days of the end of the stay.

3. that i've submitted a claim to my insurers

4. confirmation that I agree to my insurers paying park directly

5. costs in the case

I understand all points, except number 5 (costs in the case) what does this mean?

Hiya! I've just received the order from the court and it states :-

1. The hearing be vacated

2. both parties to contact court in writing noting current position within 7 days of the end of the stay.

3. that i've submitted a claim to my insurers

4. confirmation that I agree to my insurers paying park directly

5. costs in the case

I understand all points, except number 5 (costs in the case) what does this mean?

Hmmm, well I think it means that one side or the other can claims costs, however, it doesnt make it clear which side can. Who discontinued them or you ?

BCOBS