How long do you have to get money back taken in error.

Cue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

as you can probably tell I'm new to this forum so I apologise if this is in the wrong section but I desperately need advice.

Looking over my bank statements I realised that £450 I was overcharged on an online purchase has not been refunded to my account. The purchase was back in 2008. I phoned them to refund the money and they said they will. Problem is I never chased up whether they actually did refund the money and only now realised that they didn't. Is it too late to get my money back? £450 is a great deal of money, especially for a student, I'd really like to get this money back.

Edited by Cue

Hello and Welcome, Cue.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello and Welcome, Cue.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Thank you Scott, appreciate it.

Double check you haven't recieved the refund then do it all in writing. Tell you have been over charged/ over paid and you want the money back, give them 14 days to pay. Probably an oversight/lazyness on thier behalf but you have 6 years from the money being taken to get your money back. A letter should suffice in this instance.

• Haha 1

When chasing, it helps to be friendly to help the wheels go eound. If you start shouting the odds matters can be made to drag on, or get embroiled in excused over the end of the financial years and nothing can be done. Politeness often works, ask them to check what happened to the pronised refund as you've gone through your statements and cannot find it. t MAY be there, but unnoticed (refunded a different way, or under a different creditor name).

Thanks for the advice. I wrote to them via email (not sure if emails carry the same weight as a posted written letter). Nevertheless, They were very friendly, apologised for the error, and processed the refund. Thanks again everyone.