Charged before good and service is rendered

philipecons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4276 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just bought a camera lens online and was very surprised that I was charged for the item (debited my credit card) before it was delivered.

I am concern about the legal aspect of this item. Am I the legal owner and therefore be responsible for its safety while it is in transit to me? I am concerned because the item is just below £100. I have been buying from Amazon.co.uk but they only charged the item to my card card soon after it has been delivered. This is what I thought to be the normal legal procedure until now.

I have written to the supplier and was told that I was charged because the price of the item constantly changed. Is this a good enough reason to charge before good and services has been rendered?

Look forward to hearing your advise/s

Hello and Welcome, philipecons.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

From my own use of Amazon, they dont charge you until its about to start it delivery journey, i.e going on the wagon. Regardless of this though they are responsible for it until you have accepted from the delivery man. Even then you have variuos distance selling rights should you wish to return it.

They are required to safely deliver your item to you - and naturally they will want payment before releasing the goods, but under DSR, the responsibility for the item remains with the sender until you accept delivery.