welcome fnance hpi lifted

nickbrown32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In october 2006 i found a car at garage and got welcome finance to finance it the payments were hi but i mananged to pay for over 2 years but i ran out of work and couldnt afford to keep paying £250.00 a month they then lowered the payments to £150.00 amonth but not having any work i still couldnt pay so they said that they would lift the hpi so i could sell it when i did eventually sell the car for £1350.00 i put the money in the bank but being out of work and having 2 children and rent to pay i know i shouldnt have done but i dipped in to it!Now they have found out i have sold the car and are wanting to know why i didnt give them the money and there saying i still owe £10,000 even though i payed over £5000 im scared!Is there anyone out there able to give me advise PLEASE!!!Am desprate! thanks

Edited by nickbrown32

If they lifted the HPi then they obviously knew you were going to sell it?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

was all this in writing? if it wasnt then tough luck to welcome. Taste of their own medicine.

If it was in writing and you signed something to say you would give them the proceeds then thats a bit tricky and you will need to help from someone with more knowledge than me.

No nothing was sent to me in writing it was a verbal agreement over the phone.And im not sure wether it was a hire purchase agreement or it was a fixed loan agreement.i think it was a HP agreement

Edited by nickbrown32

They phoned me once yesterday and they wanted me to phone today to pay the £1350.00 but i dont have the money how much trouble am i in?Im sure they will hassle me now they know i sold the car

Edited by nickbrown32

its all verbal so if they lifted the HPI then well thats tough. its their own fault. just say "what £1350?" they would do the same to you so dont worry.

but if I would get some more info as per Postggj says. He hates them and he knows the score with them!

Well They Would Be On Thin Ice If They Came After You For Selling The Car

First Thing The Judge Will Want To Know Was Why Did They Release The Hpi Tag

If You Have The Agreement, I Realy Need To See It

If Not, We Can Get It

They phoned me once yesterday and they wanted me to phone today to pay the £1350.00 but i dont have the money how much trouble am i in?Im sure they will hassle me now they know i sold the car

YOU WILL JUST GET THE NORMAL HUNG DRAWN AND QUARTERED ROUTINE IF YOU DONT SELL YOUR SOUL

SIMPLE ANSWER IS DONT GO THROUGH SECURITY ON THE PHONE AND EVERYTHING IN WRITING

Your Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77(6) will apply.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name (not sign) and enclose a one pound postal order, send it to head office at :

Welcome financial services

Compliance Department

Ruddington fields business park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Tell you what if your posting that anyway then put this letter in same envelope. .. recorded delivery.

If they phone then do not confirm your password and tell them you have wrote to complaince requesting everything to be put in writing.

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

or forget your security password ;)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Hello i recieved a letter today from welcome finance saying that the car that i sold still belonged to them even though they lifted the hpi and told me to sell it!Im confused!So what do i do now!How can i prove they lifted the hpi?Because it was my WF account manager who told me to sell it verbally!PLEASE HELP!!!Oh and i still havent recieved the contact yet either!AAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!