unknowingly paying for product cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 5 years ago, I bought a computer from Dixons and took out the product insurance on it, after about a year I rang and cancelled it and ended up buying a newer version of the xbox from currys and took out their product cover.

I never thought anything else about it, never had any letters offf Dixons asking if I wanted to renew it or anything, but it turns out I have been paying for it for the past 4 years through a direct debit...8 pound a month! Is there anyway I can claim this back as I did cancel it and never heard anything else about so I assumed it was cancelled??

Thanks

Can you be a bit more specific - Did you do their payment option for the warranty of 10 payments @ £8 ie the total cost of the cover was £80 or did you sign up to the £8 a month ongoing plan which could be cancelled at any time....just that you talk about a pc and an xbox (£80 would be about right for a games console and £8 a month for the pc also sounds right??)

£8 a month for an xbox?

I've never seen them go above £2.50 a month.

Anyway, from DSG's side of things, assuming they failed to cancel the direct debit, they're going to want to see proof you rang them and asked to cancel. If your going to claim it back from the bank via the direct debit guarantee it's going to be difficult, because DSG have a peice of paper with your signiture on it authorising them to take £8 a month until you cancel. Not to mention they're going to ask why you didn't just cancel the direct debit with your bank after ringing mastercare to cancel on their end.

As the guarantee wasn't specificly missold, was totaly authorised your only recourse is going to be to prove that you asked them to cancel 4 years ago. Which begs the question "how did you miss DSG draining £8 a month from your account for 4 years?"