Help Please! Selling my business!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and first of all sorry if i have placed this in the wrong section.

I have a small business and have decided to sell it to a friend for the sum of £10,000. He is willing to take over and pay me at the end of the month in full.

What suggestions have you if any that will cover me to ensure he pays the amount in full at the end of January - shall I get a solicitor to draft an agreement up???

Many thanks in anticipation

no doubt you will need some form of legal binding contract between you both . also can he give you a deposit ? why cant you wait until end of january? when he has the cash ? what type of buisness are you selling ?both parties need to be covered legally here ?

Hi its a car sales business that ive owned for a few months now and i wanted out for family reasons. 1st Jan seemed a really good and convenient date as we didnt want to plough any more cash into the business really. He has been in the game a lot longer than us and we felt that if we didnt sell to him then we would have struggled to sell to anyone as there is only a short lease left.

thanks again

no doubt you will need some form of legal binding contract between you both . also can he give you a deposit ? why cant you wait until end of january? when he has the cash ? what type of buisness are you selling ?both parties need to be covered legally here ?