Welcome moved the goalposts

slimblondeuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG, I am so excited, thank you so much post for taking the time to deal with me i have read a lot of threads and your the MAN..... so whats the top and bottom of this then? What does this all mean, and what is the next approach? Again, thank you all for your time.

Give Me A Few Days Yo Put An Initial Letter For You To Send Welcome

You Will Get A Bog Off Letter By Reply

Its Post Office Ping Pong For A While

THE AGREEMENT IS BOVINE EXCRAMENT AND WE NEED TO GET IT PUT INTO DISPUTE

I will quote from the default letter

'arrears' £992.72

Oustanding balance under this agreement £9872.79

Less rebate allowable in future instalments* (£1724.85)

Less insurance rebate* (£0.00)

Total amount to be paid: £8147.94

I hope this makes sense.

Now Ime Going To Give You The Good News

You Are Paying Interest On It

Thats A No No As Its A Charge For Credit

I dont think she is paying interest on it as they have added it to the amount of interest being paid. therefore it is on top of the cost of the goods

The isssue is whether it should be classed as a "charge for credit for goods" IMO its not, it is basically a balloon payment at the end of the agreement payable to keep the car. I would of thought that this is to be listed in its own box out side of the main calculations and stated clearly that it is to be paid at the end of the agreed repayment period if you want to keep the car. not hide it away in the T&C.

do you agree?

the option fee has been classed as a charge for credit

s. t. and u

i has been then carried over to total charge for credit

v and w

this option fee needs to be added either on the first or last payment on the agreement

it should be made up say on a 48 month agreement

1 payment of xyz

then

47 payments of xyz

or 47 payments of xyz

then

1 payment of xyz

as it has been included in the total charge for credit, they are stuffed

you are right

it needs a box on its own

thats what I thought. That means mine is total balls too heh heh as its the exact same layout.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-finance/223490-welcome-employee-told-my.html

The problem is, im trying to reclaim the insurances first, so dont want to rock the boat about the agreement.

Is there some concrete evidence that the option fee cannot be classed as a charge for credit and that the agreement is unenforceable or disputable. Any example where someone has used this arguement and won?

would defo be helpful for some people to know.

Just read dibs commentsa about other issues with my agreement, are we still going the route you suggested with the letter to compliance Post,or another way with a different issue regarding the agreement, i'm kind of confused? :confused:

I dont think he's been on for a while, but he'll be back dont worry!

The letter should be worth the wait going on some I've seen previously, so hang in there :)

Let us know if you get any more crap from Welcome in the meantime and one of us will help you.

HELP! I've received a letter today in the post it says: WITHOUT PREJUDICE We refer to the Notice of Default issued from this office on 31st December 2008. In order to protect our interests, your hire purchasr account has now been terminated and the full balance of the account is now payable. Depending on what you have paid this means we either reposses the above vehicle or apply for a court order without further notice to you. In addition you may be held liable for any remaining balance after the vehicle is sold and the proceeds credited to your account, and we reserve the right to commence legal proceedings for the recovery of any outstanding sums. We would strongly urge you to contact us as a matter of urgency. No further notices will be issued."

I've spoken to the manager a couple of weeks ago and said what post had to say, what should I do now, I feel as I am on borrowed time, I haven't paid a third either so what do i do. PLEASE HELP!:(

Hi slimblonde im afraid I dont have any advice but am watching with interest as i also havent paid a 1/3 on our agreement and am expecting a without prejudice letter soon :/ My comment at least will bump this to the top for you. Best of luck :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool: