The morals & ethics of being in debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you only focus on places like CAG which tend to bring out the worst cases then you have a blinkered view. I would imagine DCAs combined process tens of millions of non payments each year.

Maybe you have a rose tinted view of DCAs. Having being and seeing friends on the receiving end of their tactics it has not changed my view point that DCAs are rotten

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AS to the Ghosts ''strange'' I fail to understand the attitude, having been in a career of law/law enfocement

I have think become a more reasonable/ reasoning person, attitude to individuals and consideration of their situation

is paramount as to the comments re the courts I have to agree there is no evidence whatsoever to support the statement made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

hmm, just today I was in a long queue at the Post Office when an on duty Police Officer in uniform, walked straight to the front of the queue with his parcels, got served and walked off!! Nothing to do with this thread, but a sign that there are good and bad in all walks of life.

There is no way ANYONE can condone carrying out a business based on threats. That, to me, is the beginning, middle and end of the discussion. If someone were to come up to you in the streets and make verbal threats of what will happen to you if you do not hand over all the money you have, would this not be a 'mugging' and as such a criminal offence? so, why is it not to be treated as an offence if done in writing?

AS to the Ghosts ''strange'' I fail to understand the attitude, having been in a career of law/law enfocement

I have think become a more reasonable/ reasoning person, attitude to individuals and consideration of their situation

is paramount as to the comments re the courts I have to agree there is no evidence whatsoever to support the statement made.

To be honest I think I have a more balanced view than most view on here - unfortunatley in my working life I came across

a) people more than happy to abuse the advice given on CAG and the like for their own gains

b) peopel claiming they had been harassed to death and al lsorts but when you look at the evidence they were hyping things up beyond belief

What you may not appreciate is that those types of people make things harder for any genuine debtors who are in trouble because it builds up a layer of cynicism whenever you hear someone say they cannot pay or they are being harassed.

With regards to the court thing - I imagine (unofficially) it is human nature for the judge to feel annoyed with chancers but at the end of the day their hands are tied by the law.

Harassed senior - the whole industry of DCA relies on threats, if there is no threat there is no income - so will be here to stay.

It is not a criminal offence because there is some protection in law offered to creditors to obtain their money back.

I would believe the scenario you paint is more than a trifle jaundiced as I have not found many who

match the profile you put forward even after 30+ years in law in it's many guises.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

One further thought occurs it seems to me that the Ghost has the delusion that DCA's are some form of law enforcement agency,

they are not and never can be being in debt (civil) is no longer a crime and Newgate has been closed down.

DCA's have no legal powers other than those available to every citizen of the UK, and I for one hope it stays that way. (END RANT):madgrin:

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

'' One tries ones best'' as in flogging a:deadhorse:

I must say Casper I have had my nasty suspicious doubt for a while now, and await reactions if any:madgrin:

Good constertnoon aftertable tis ver quiet down eer tin lor enfokment jus now i'm a tinkin!!!!:madgrin:

The Ghost is on line now I was hoping he might defend his position Casper, perhaps i should change my username to SPOOK some experience there.:madgrin:

Hell of a lot of guests (ghosts) about tonight:madgrin:

''One tries ones best to be of servive to the righteous '':madgrin: self portrait:lol:

i must say im disappointed i was looking forward to a response to my question perhaps i asked to nicely the first time so il try again

THE GHOST PLEASE RESPOND TO MY PREVIOUS REQUEST AS A MATTER OF URGENCY WITHIN THE NEXT 7 MINUETS OR I MAY HAVE TO SEND SOME ONE ROUND TO COLLECT YOUR ANSWER IN PERSON.

FAILURE TO CONTACT THIS FORUM MAY ALSO ADD TO FURTHER BULLYING.

IT IS IN YOUR INTEREST TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER NOW.

PLEASE CONTACT CAG WITH YOUR EXPLANATION AS TO WHY YOU CAN NOT /WILL NOT ANSWER THIS QUESTION AND ONE OF OUR MEMBERS WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU REACH AN AGREED ANSWER AND DEAL WITH IT IN A SYMPATHETIC WAY.

Looking again at the 'title' of this thread, what exactly are the morals and ethics of being in debt?

Are there, for instance, 'debts' which are moral and ethical and those that are not? and what is the difference?

If we work in paid employment (lucky minority these days) are our employers not in debt to us, the workers until such time as we receive our payment? How should this be perceived?

We all have to live somewhere, so, if we rent, we usually have to pay in advance, so, are our landlords not indebted to us, as they have our money but we have yet to receive the benefit of the accomodation, How again should this be perceived?

Hopefully you get where I am coming from! Even 'ghosts' either rent, or have a Mortgage (usually a very large debt), or as I suspect they still live off Mum and Dad, to scared to be indebted like most mortals of this world!

and, finally, (and I give no apologies) are we not indebted all of our lives, for the gift of life?

Think I'll change my name to GHOST BUSTER HOW ABOUT A NEW BUSINESS CASPER AND HS:amen:: to the GHOST:madgrin:

To be honest I think I have a more balanced view than most view on here - unfortunatley in my working life I came across

a) people more than happy to abuse the advice given on CAG and the like for their own gains

b) peopel claiming they had been harassed to death and al lsorts but when you look at the evidence they were hyping things up beyond belief

What you may not appreciate is that those types of people make things harder for any genuine debtors who are in trouble because it builds up a layer of cynicism whenever you hear someone say they cannot pay or they are being harassed.

Harassed senior - the whole industry of DCA relies on threats, if there is no threat there is no income - so will be here to stay.

So your working life in law enforcement meant you dealt with people who used the CAG, what they were trying to get out of paying fines then, or do you term working for a DCA Law enforcement, in which case you are serioulsy delusional

Probably a clamper/ parking attendant IMHO:jaw::jaw::lock1:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks