Car Just Been Taken, Please Please Help If U Can I Beg U

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And, nice and quickly just got this response from said Mr C (HCEO, Operations Director)

"We acknowledge your email and not the content therein.

This matter has been passed for my attention

I shall review the documents you have attached and respond accordingly in due course.

Yours faithfully

xxxxx xxxxxxxx"

Hmmmmm....... I think he meant "note" not "not"

X

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received the breakdown of fees, costs and charges

Further to your recent request, we would confirm that the fees charged under schedule 3, regulation 13 of the High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2004 are as follows :

Visit 1 -

Fee 13.1 Percentage Fee £91.46

Fee 13.6.2b Levy/Inventory Fee £194.75

Fee 12 Administration Services Fee £299.13

Visit 2

Fee 12 Attendance to remove fee £520.00

Fee 12 Porterage Fee £125.00

Visit 3

Fee 12 DVLA check £15.00

Visit 4

Fee 12 HPI Vehicle Check £15.00

Fee 12 Tow Truck Fee £90.00

VAT thereon: £358.55

Ok firstly, we were only aware of 3 visits, the first to partners work, no levy or anything signed, the second to our home and we were out (bringing my baby boy home from hospital) again, no levy and nothing signed and the third when they took the car...

Any advice GREATLY appreciated, im googling the regs 2004 and will post if I find anything,

HH XXXXXXXXXX

Edited by hardworking_harddoneby

It's unbelievable how people with finances problems are treated in this country! the less you got the more they want. And the police? they tell you that it's not crime so it's not their business.

I'm disgusted on reading stories like this one! A country of great real people been often used as rug by authorised money sharks.

Is like you are not allowed to make a mistake and if you do they make in sure that you always regret it.

Sorry for the above lines

My hart is with you and your family Sarah as I'm also experiencing something similar that it's getting out of control.

Best of luck

It's unbelievable how people with finances problems are treated in this country! the less you got the more they want. And the police? they tell you that it's not crime so it's not their business.

I'm disgusted on reading stories like this one! A country of great real people been often used as rug by authorised money sharks.

Is like you are not allowed to make a mistake and if you do they make in sure that you always regret it.

Sorry for the above lines

My hart is with you and your family Sarah as I'm also experiencing something similar that it's getting out of control.

Best of luck

Hi Digitaly,

Yes we've suffered some hardships, I know its our own fault, and we should pay what we owe, its the way it is done though, we hid because I didnt know of this forum or indeed our rights at all, and we were led to believe no installments were allowed it was the full amount or they tzake everything we own.... therefore we hid petrified of anyone knocking at our door for months, it was and is awful. When im sorted out I will be making everything public, i have nothing to lose,

I'll have a look at your thread, hope you fighting it too xxxxx

XXXXX

You know what I learn from this? that when someone small like a little business has to lie rip people off to bring up some food on the table and we call them (b****rds). The true is that they are just trying to survive in this jungle. No lie! no business! you honest? you bankrupted before even starting.

Banks own you and own me! we are slave of this locked system that survive on less privileged people. It's all about making and producing money. They have to come from somewhere!.

So let's pay this time and make them pay on the next occasion. Thanks to the internet we now are more aware and awake.

I will never sign any paper without understanding every single term ever again. Never trust sellers promises verbally.

:-(

Just received the breakdown of fees, costs and charges

Further to your recent request, we would confirm that the fees charged under schedule 3, regulation 13 of the High Court Enforcement Officers Regulations 2004 are as follows :

Visit 1 -

Fee 13.1 Percentage Fee £91.46

Fee 13.6.2b Levy/Inventory Fee £194.75

Fee 12 Administration Services Fee £299.13

Visit 2

Fee 12 Porterage Fee £125.00

Visit 3

Fee 12 DVLA check £15.00

Visit 4

Fee 12 HPI Vehicle Check £15.00

Fee 12 Tow Truck Fee £90.00

VAT thereon: £358.55

Ok firstly, we were only aware of 3 visits, the first to partners work, no levy or anything signed, the second to our home and we were out (bringing my baby boy home from hospital) again, no levy and nothing signed and the third when they took the car...

Any advice GREATLY appreciated, im googling the regs 2004 and will post if I find anything,

HH XXXXXXXXXX

Also, maths not my strong point but I make the VAT on the above £418.30

The paperwork that the officers have left are very different to the above too,

xxx

depending on the dates of visits etc

you could be paying 2 rates of vat

what rate did you calculate at 15% or 17.5

actually thinking about it it should be all charged at 15%

Hi Hallowitch,

I calculated it using 17.5%

I have all paperwork here that they left on 3 visits and the recent letter, i'll upload them when I can.

I know this is a different issue to collecting council tax but surely £520 attendance to remove fee when they removed zilch is extortion?

xx

ploddertom and Lets fight bailiffs are the ones to help you with HCE charges but yes i totally agree £520 + per visit is extortionate

Yeah I hope they come on and see this soon, we have our set aside hearing this friday, now writing up a timeline of events and facts to give to the judge.

I need to also know that if the judgement was £3000 (give or take) and the fees are £3000 (give or take) and they sold the car for £3000 (g or t) that the car value will go towards the bailiffs fees first, so in theory although we have a stay of enforcement, we still owe the total judgement to the claimant but with the sale of the car we have paid off the fees?

All this will be going to the district judge tomorrow ready for the set aside, so I need to be clear :)

xxxxxxxx

Hi, not really got anything to offer but my support. Life sometimes kicks us in the teeth and then some leech turns up and wants the dentures. [do you know, I have no idea what that means,lol] Just saying keep fighting and when they're old enough to understand, your kids will be so proud of you.

I've taken the time to re-read the whole thread again as I've inadvertently deleted a whole load of files from the PC and can't remember too much of what we said in PM's.

Although you have the breakdown of fees from the HCEO Company I believe you are still short of a few things and hope you don't mind if we go back over them as I think they may be relevant to your whole saga.

Set Aside

1. The CCJ - have you seen sight of this yet as the figures on that I think can be challenged. In the posts you say 2 months owing but they have done you for nearly 3 times this much.

2. Your Deposit - what happened to this. Was it used to reduce your debt or is it still being held by the Landlord or another party.

Both of these points may be used at your Set Aside hearing and you may find a more knowledgeable Judge may defer your Hearing to a later date in order to allow the Claimant a reply if they can't explain on the day. Of course the best thing to happen is if the Claimant doesn't turn up at all.

Don't forget to be ready for the most important question you may be asked and that is how you expect to pay the original debt. Also if you win don't forget to ask if you can claim costs for the action which can then be deducted from what you owe.

Don't forget that although the actions/charges of the HCEO have no direct bearing on your Set Aside the fact your car was seized and subsequently sold does as there is a sum of money resting on it.

HCEO Fees

Is it possible you can scan the actual documents and post them - try Photobucket - you need to remove all personal details though. The next step is to send them a Subject Access Request asking for any & all information they hold on you - costs £10. They have 40 days to comply but this should reveal much more information as to when and at time charges were added.

Do you have any dates you can put against the charges listed at present. I think if challenged some of these would be reduced /scrapped but you need further information as outlined above first.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've taken the time to re-read the whole thread again as I've inadvertently deleted a whole load of files from the PC and can't remember too much of what we said in PM's.

Although you have the breakdown of fees from the HCEO Company I believe you are still short of a few things and hope you don't mind if we go back over them as I think they may be relevant to your whole saga.

Set Aside

1. The CCJ - have you seen sight of this yet as the figures on that I think can be challenged. In the posts you say 2 months owing but they have done you for nearly 3 times this much. Called court and requested copy of this, took details but havent seen / heard anything yet, will call again tomorrow see if we can pick one up?

2. Your Deposit - what happened to this. Was it used to reduce your debt or is it still being held by the Landlord or another party. We will bring this up at the set aside hearing, we still dont know how to contact claimant, the solicitor way back when we were still in the house had said they would take it to cover the arrears.. and then we left property there of value aswell, stupidly but in good faith with good intentions.

Both of these points may be used at your Set Aside hearing and you may find a more knowledgeable Judge may defer your Hearing to a later date in order to allow the Claimant a reply if they can't explain on the day. Of course the best thing to happen is if the Claimant doesn't turn up at all.

Don't forget to be ready for the most important question you may be asked and that is how you expect to pay the original debt. Also if you win don't forget to ask if you can claim costs for the action which can then be deducted from what you owe. Thats what i was wondering about the cars value and who that goes to pay first, we intend to tell the judge that if we recover fees from hce's then we will use the money to pay the debt.

Don't forget that although the actions/charges of the HCEO have no direct bearing on your Set Aside the fact your car was seized and subsequently sold does as there is a sum of money resting on it. As above? We did do a suspension of a warrant and/or variation of an order request that showed we could afford no more than £5 per month.

HCEO Fees

Is it possible you can scan the actual documents and post them - try Photobucket - you need to remove all personal details though. The next step is to send them a Subject Access Request asking for any & all information they hold on you - costs £10. They have 40 days to comply but this should reveal much more information as to when and at time charges were added. will do, £10 is alot of money at the moment but as soon as we can get a postal order, will be in the post...

Do you have any dates you can put against the charges listed at present. I think if challenged some of these would be reduced /scrapped but you need further information as outlined above first. Should all be coming on photobucket xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PT

Hi PT,

Thanks so much for your reply, I don't mind going over things again if it all helps.... I'm scanning at the moment,

theyll all be on soon xxxxxxxxx

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif Re: Car Just Been Taken, Please Please Help If U Can I Beg U

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploddertom viewpost.gif

Set Aside

1. The CCJ - have you seen sight of this yet as the figures on that I think can be challenged. In the posts you say 2 months owing but they have done you for nearly 3 times this much. Called court and requested copy of this, took details but havent seen / heard anything yet, will call again tomorrow see if we can pick one up?

Good idea

2. Your Deposit - what happened to this. Was it used to reduce your debt or is it still being held by the Landlord or another party. We will bring this up at the set aside hearing, we still dont know how to contact claimant, the solicitor way back when we were still in the house had said they would take it to cover the arrears.. and then we left property there of value aswell, stupidly but in good faith with good intentions.

How have you served this application on the Claimant? It may be that you can claim for the goods that were left but not sure on this

Don't forget to be ready for the most important question you may be asked and that is how you expect to pay the original debt. Also if you win don't forget to ask if you can claim costs for the action which can then be deducted from what you owe. Thats what i was wondering about the cars value and who that goes to pay first, we intend to tell the judge that if we recover fees from hce's then we will use the money to pay the debt.

Have you actually paid any of the HCEO fees yet?

Don't forget that although the actions/charges of the HCEO have no direct bearing on your Set Aside the fact your car was seized and subsequently sold does as there is a sum of money resting on it. As above? We did do a suspension of a warrant and/or variation of an order request that showed we could afford no more than £5 per month.

HCEO Fees

Is it possible you can scan the actual documents and post them - try Photobucket - you need to remove all personal details though. The next step is to send them a Subject Access Request asking for any & all information they hold on you - costs £10. They have 40 days to comply but this should reveal much more information as to when and at time charges were added. will do, £10 is alot of money at the moment but as soon as we can get a postal order, will be in the post...

Do you have any dates you can put against the charges listed at present. I think if challenged some of these would be reduced /scrapped but you need further information as outlined above first. Should all be coming on photobucket xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did he just write all goods required to cover debt

without listing the car

Yeah, that was first contact when partner was at work, had no car with him anyway.

We have never had anything with the car on it, not even the final peice of paper says about the car.

xxxxxx

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif Re: Car Just Been Taken, Please Please Help If U Can I Beg U

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploddertom viewpost.gif

Set Aside

Good idea

How have you served this application on the Claimant? It may be that you can claim for the goods that were left but not sure on this

We sent a copy to the court and SHCE ltd as we have no address.

Have you actually paid any of the HCEO fees yet?

This is what I'm unsure of, there is money from the sale of the car but we have no idea if this pays the debt or the fees first.

HCEO Fees

PT

Thanks again PT XXXX

Hi everyone,

Had trouble posting all weekend but hopefully all is ok now,

Well, we got an order from the judge through the post on saturday,

"it is ordered that further enforcement of thr judgment be stayed pending the decision on the Defendants application to set aside judgement.

Defendants application to set aside judgement is listed.... 12 Feb 2010..

Did you get the set aside?

This is one of the longest posts here, really hope it all went to plan,please let us know.:-)

Did you get the set aside?

This is one of the longest posts here, really hope it all went to plan,please let us know.:-)

Hi Wesh

I am sure HW won't mind me answering this post. The court decided that due to the lapse in the time scale they could not set aside.

The matter is still ongoing and it is thought best this post remains dormant for the moment. I can tell you the poster is in very high spirit and was grateful for all the help they received on cag and looks forward to popping in to update you all in the near future.

WD

Thanks for letting us all know WD,

Let HW know that we are thinking of her.

I thought from reading the thread that there was a good case being put forward on the set aside,and then to be stopped for being out of time must be so frustrating:|

Did the courts give any help or direction as where to go next?

Good luck in the future:)

Thanks for letting us all know WD,

Let HW know that we are thinking of her.

I thought from reading the thread that there was a good case being put forward on the set aside,and then to be stopped for being out of time must be so frustrating:|

Did the courts give any help or direction as where to go next?

they helped indirectly and op is happy with the result

Good luck in the future:)

I will pass your good wishes on to her:)