Clarity and received some else's details - son's home learning college 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

not sure what to do about this one,

my son had reg with home learning college and found the course was not as he was sold it.

Cut a long story short he missed a month or two payments and agreed to add £10 on top of the original payment.

The debt was passed to Apex,

Apex said this payment were never received even though it he proved it by sending them bank statements etc.. they continued to hassle him.

he stopped paying them in August and heard nothing until Nov from Clarity.

I CCA'd them -

on sat we got docs through the post, but they are not my sons they were for someone who lives in the south of England - I have all his bank details even the security code on the back of his card.

What they sent for my son was a registration from and yellow piece of paper which was carbon copy of something and another paper which says he was accepting etc and that he understood the terms overleaf etc..... but no student number nothing so whatever he agreed to was not there.

What should we do now?

Hi All

not sure what to do about this one, my son had reg wth home learning college and found the course was not as he was sold it. Cut a long story short he missed a month or two payments and agreed to add £10 on top of the original payment. The debt was passed to Apex, anyway Apex said this payment were never received even though it he proved it by sending them bank statements etc.. they continued to hassle him. Anyway, he stopped paying them in August and heard nothing until Nov from Clarity. So I CCA'd them - on sat we got docs through the post, but they are not my sons they were for someone who lives in the south of England - I have all his bank details even the security code on the back of his card.

What they sent for my son was a registration from and yellow piece of paper which was carbon copy of something and anther paper which says he was accepting etc and that he understood the terms overleaf etc..... but no student number nothing so whatever he agreed to was not there.

What should we do now?

Blimey, this is the 2nd one I've responded to like this today :-)

Personally I'd make a complaint to Clarity and advise them of their mistake and that you will be reporting them to the relevant body and also the person who's application they have sent you.

Send a letter explaining to the person who's application they have sent and advising them they should make a personal complaint to the ICO in regards this serious breach of the Data Protection Act.

Send a letter to the ICO reporting this breach of the Data Protection Act.

S.

There were two other similar cases I read about on here yesterday also! What is going on with these clowns??

As advised, complaint to the ICO, Trading Standards via Consumer Direct and inform the person who's details you have so he can make a complaint aswell, this is getting beyond a joke!

And complain to your local MP also.

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

Consumer Direct

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to Clarity and received some else's details - son's home learning college 'debt'