halifax one and Halifax Charity Card PPI

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3950 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello all,

I recently won a claim against Egg for the PPI - they paid up instantly following the first letter

I am hoping Halifax will do the same,

I have just won in the region of £750 of charges back of Halifax (one card) leaving a balance of £230, I have calculated the owe in £310 in PPI so the letter is going off tomorrow to get it back!

The charity card i havent received anything yet re charges but it is a similar amount!

Wish me luck!

Have received letter from Halifax customer relations about the charity card....

basically they are "delighted to offer" a payment of £164 for the charges - HAHAHAHA!!!!

Why is it this person has offered £164 and the person who opened the letter for the other card paid the full amount?

Right so a letter going to them saying no thanks I'll have my 597 + interest back thanks :o)

also received a letter about the ppi on the other card saying they are investigating

Do not accept until you are totally happy with the offers.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

they have written back about my halifax one card - saying they will refund the ppi and will let me know the amount they intend to refund....apparantly the amount will put me back into the position i would have been in had the ppi not been added to the account.....hmmm will be interesting to see what the figure is!!

still nothing on my charity card - no ppi no charges!!!! how can they refund one so easily with no fight and not the other???

just checked my halifax one card on my online banking!

they have paid it off!!!!!! (which im glad about - so now there is £158 credit on it which i expect they will send me in cheque!!)

So this thread is half WON!!!!

just the charity card to go!

just checked my halifax one card on my online banking!

they have paid it off!!!!!! (which im glad about - so now there is £158 credit on it which i expect they will send me in cheque!!)

So this thread is half WON!!!!

just the charity card to go!

How was it from sending the letter to them giving you a credit Bailey?

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

PPI vs Halifax one card - WON

CPW- ongoing to remove default :mad: