Cca request (Capquest and Bryan Carter)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Am after some advice. I am currently paying 2 companies (Capquest & B Carter) a set amount each month in relation to 2 credit cards.

After reading some posts on here requesting a CCA from dca's, would it still be possible to request them even though i am already paying them each month? If so, would it be wise to cancel my direct debits with them until they can produce the true copy of the agreement.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

You’re Address

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number 4563210025897412

this letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77 to s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of S.77 (6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, S.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in this case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are the creditor as defined by S.189. If you contend that you have purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that S.189 of the act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to SS.5 (2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

print your name

send recorded delivery

Its not dated, but i think it must be around the time i set up a direct debit with them, so around July 2008.

That's ok then as they expire in 4 months from the date you recieve so they would have to re issue one to start it all again. PLEASE PLEASE let us know if you receive another SD!

Cancel the DD and use SO as some DCAs are known to take what they want on a DD ;)

You should have applied to have the last SD set aside as many on here have won and had costs awarded for frivilous use of the Insolvency Service as a debt collection tool. DJs are getting fed up with this and some DCAs are under sanctions from the OFT regarding this. Report them for this abuse to TS and the OFT.