• Tweets

• Yes Jase a default can be registered for current accounts that attract an overdraft...although the default would have placed by HSBC not Intrum Finance.There name would have been added when HSBC assigned the debt to them.   Andy
    • Hi,   Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this but I have a default on my credit report for an old HSBC current account dating back to 2015.  The default has been placed by Intrum Finance.   My question is that I thought a default is usually for something where a credit agreement existed?  Can they list a default for a current account where there was no agreement in place?   Thanks in advance,
    • and don't waste money on recorded delivery!! 2nd class stamp is good enough.   if you wish to do a budget sheet that's upto you but never fill out theirs.   and again if you want to send creditors that, its upto you but you do not have to give them any of your pers financial info NONE of their business esp a DCA!! only a judge can demand that info.    
    • But the 14 day cooling off period does not apply to you because your a LTD Company.....even though the charge is unfair there is no way around it B2B
    • Do not engage under any circumstances on the phone, they are trained to trick you into agreeing to things.   If everything is done in writing by post,    A. You are in control B. There is a paper trail, postal receipts etc for you to defend yourself if they ever do go to court.   Rent, Council Tax etc should be the only thing you care about and the rest of your priority debts. Nothing will happen if you stop paying the one's that are with DCA's aside from a lot of idle threats coming through your letterbox   As above with the CCA's for the one's already sold off, highly likely they won't come up with the goods. One pound a month token payment, jobs 'a good 'un with the Original Creditors.   Everything else in your budget goes to food and emergencies, not the above bunch of vultures.      
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
caro

Bank Charges Campaign Continues

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 410 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A third enquiry into he banking industry has been shelved in a week by the City Watchdog.

The FCA launched a probe into the revelations banks, insurers and fund managers were 'bribing' financial advisors to sell their products.

Several banks received huge fines for mis-selling risky investments often to elderly and vulnerable people.

Yesterday the watchdog decided not to publish the results of it's investigation, leading to accusations of a 'cover up.'

Sounding sinister.

The Competition and Markets Authority have said that banks should reduce overdraft charges but still not come down really hard on them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36309396

Which? are not impressed.

1 We don’t think banks always treat their customers fairly

2 You deserve better and banks should be publicly held to account for their customer service

3 We need your support to convince the regulators, government and banks to deliver better everyday banking

More here along with a new petition which already has nearly 50,000 signatures (including mine).

http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/better-banks/?utm_campaign=banksthankyouforward&utm_medium=email&utm_source=whichcouk

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you andy, although I have already linked directly to the BBC article in that thread in my previous post, as it is directly pertinent to this thread, keeps everything together, and gives context to the which? link. :)

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

All these years on and still the problem of bank charges rumbles slowly on. Just goes to show the power that the banks have.

Fortunately Which? are still on the case but are still looking for support, so please take a look at their latest input and sign the petition using the link below.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/money/why-are-banks-still-failing-to-prioritise-their-customers/?utm_source=whichcouk&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=banking211016

What's Best for You?

Good to see the FCA are looking at overdraft charges.

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-releases/fca-acts-improve-competition-current-account-market

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere but I've posted the link here for completeness.

What's Best for You?

Bank charges need to be heavily reduced!! People are being charged e.g £15 to pay for a transaction of i.e £2 if it takes them into overdraft or over their overdraft. Why??

Election coming up. Who's going to take Banks to task and tackle helping those who can least afford this scandal.

Bank charges need to be heavily reduced!! People are being charged e.g £15 to pay for a transaction of i.e £2 if it takes them into overdraft or over their overdraft. Why??

Election coming up. Who's going to take Banks to task and tackle helping those who can least afford this scandal.

I've been charged three times with natwest by going over my overdraft twice One for £54 and to other charges of £6, £6 i've complained so many times i dont ever get refunded... im always stay within my overdraft.

Lloyds are abolishing unauthorised overdraft charges http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40555175

Not before time :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

So if they abolish now then they must have been unfair in the past..otherwise they would continue ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Looks like there's pressure on the banks to stop the high charges taken for exceeding your overdraft.

In a speech in the city Mr Andrew Bailey CEO of the FCA said he plans to take action to rein in excessive fees, concerning unauthorised overdrafts. In March the competition head Mr Christopher Woolard said 'we can observe disproportionately high fees and charges. There appears to be no clear relationship between the amount borrowed by the consumers and the amount charged by the firm.' The publication of a report on the market is due in weeks.

The regulator also took aim at high-interest doorstep lending and the rent-to-own sector, where poor families are encouraged by firms such as Brighthouse to pay for items such as a fridge or tv where interest rates can be punishingly high. Customers end up paying far more than those with the cash to buy goods outright.