7 Day Rule ?

Stuggy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just this week bought a Sharp LCD TV from the local Currys store.

It seems to have a fault, where the signal from the HDMI lead keeps dropping out and the screen blanks for a few seconds.

I intend to return it to the store on Monday, making it exactly seven days since purchase.

Am I right in assuming that I can request a replacement straight away, rather than go through the 'take away and repair' process ? Is it also correct that because it's within 7 days, I can demand a full refund ?

I've never had any particular problems with Currys in the past, but I'd rather not be without a TV for the time that repairs seem to take.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Hi,

I've just this week bought a Sharp LCD TV from the local Currys store.

It seems to have a fault, where the signal from the HDMI lead keeps dropping out and the screen blanks for a few seconds.

I intend to return it to the store on Monday, making it exactly seven days since purchase.

Am I right in assuming that I can request a replacement straight away, rather than go through the 'take away and repair' process ? Is it also correct that because it's within 7 days, I can demand a full refund ?

I've never had any particular problems with Currys in the past, but I'd rather not be without a TV for the time that repairs seem to take.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Thanks

If an item is faulty or unopened and unused within 28 days you can request a full refund or an exchange. Bare in mind that if the item is bought on sale, stock may well be tight. Also it's likely the shop will want to test the TV to confirm the problem, you could save yourself the wait by ringing up the number on your reciept and getting it tested over the phone, and getting a reference number. Saves a ton of time waiting for them to hook the TV up and actualy see the problem. Also if it's a fault they can fix over the phone they'll do that.

Anyway, the decision is yours.

If an item is faulty or unopened and unused within 28 days you can request a full refund or an exchange. Bare in mind that if the item is bought on sale, stock may well be tight. Also it's likely the shop will want to test the TV to confirm the problem, you could save yourself the wait by ringing up the number on your reciept and getting it tested over the phone, and getting a reference number. Saves a ton of time waiting for them to hook the TV up and actualy see the problem. Also if it's a fault they can fix over the phone they'll do that.

Anyway, the decision is yours.

Hi agree with the above, dsg will replace if confirmed faulty within 28 days. Yes you can get a refund if you like or just get the same one / alternative - If going for a refund / alternative then remember to bring everything back.