prepayment meter need to change over

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry about this im currently with bg with my gas and electric,

i want to change from prepayment to normal billing but when ive rang them they did a credit check which i failed and said ill have to pay £180 to change over,ive not got that sort of money to do that

all we want is to know which supplier will change us from prepayment to normal billing please somebody help my heads feelin ready to bust with it x:-x

Hiya Cheryl and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to ask but do you have any debt with BG at the moment that is greater than 50 pounds ? . . if so you cannot change supplier ..

I know there is a lot of companies now charging to have the meter changed as when I worked for EON they did not charge untill the last month I was there when they introduced a 50 pound charge. you will be best to phone a few companies up and ask who does not charge. it takes 28 days to change supplier then they will book you an appointment.

hi ozzy, we (eon) now charge £50 removal fee as you said, it is subject also to a credit check coming back as satisfactory (no ccj's/defaults) and future bills being paid by dd.

If the ppty is rented then must have been a customer for 12 months... I believe EDF mnay be worth giving a go

Cheers Notts,

If the ppty is rented then must have been a customer for 12 months...

This has been recently been introduced, and as thousands used to COS due to guaranteed meter change I can understand why this was implemented.

However I do not agree with the charge for a meter change but that is a personel opinion.

Cheryl sounds like BG have seen something on your credit report possibly? Like a ccj or missed payments elsewhere.

And Ozzy I can see both sides re the meter exchange fee, it's not fair to charge the new customer to remove something the previous occupier put in, but then if there was a fee to install the meter then I'm sure fewer people would choose this as an option to repay their debt and just let their situations get worse... I think the fee was introduced to increase the profitability of the company, the latest stats show the average account earns the company about £15 a year with the cost to serve being so high - hence no payrises for us lowly call centre staff but increases for the pencil pushing management

I think the fee was introduced to increase the profitability of the company

This sentance is exactly why I made the statment I do not agree with the charge. It really is solely to lift the profits of the company who allready make an absolute fortune out of consumers. I could go on further about the industry being given gas for storage puropses and then storing it till prices rose then put the cost up to the customer and claimed it was the current rate.

Also concider the companies earn more on a prepayment customer than a credit meter customer and they bring in a charge to change back. . .its a conspiricy lol.

However I agree also that the call centres wage is not in proportion to the payscale and for the exelent job you all do and the preasure on targets you have it is not enough (I still firmly believe that EON is actually one of the best to work for as their targets are based more on quality than quantity, they have moved forward so much in the last 4-5 years since they had a roasting etc. . . .

okies my rant over. . . time to go home from work in 2 mins haha.