ARC europe and gym cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been getting phone calls from these people about my gym membership cancellation- I wrote to la fitness giving a months notice etc and cancelled my direct debit. I think they still have my old address I was a member for about 3 yrs- I've just been avoiding them untill the other day when I answered a call on my mobile- from a mobile number and it was some guy- who was really rude by the way- saying they would take me to court etc.

I'm a bit concerned that I didn't send the letter recorded delivery and they did not receive it.

Does anyone know what the best way forward is- I don't even know what they are claimimg I owe and I could do without a ccj to be honest.

Thanks so much for your help

;)

Hi,

Firstly, this DCA has to prove a debt exists so send them this:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Don't bother to sign it, just print your name.

Send it recorded and from now on do all your letters to these muppets the same way.

include this letter too:

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

Edited by silverfox1961
typo

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ah yes the good ole Gym Membership saga..:D

I'm assuming that they have no record of your request to cancel and have continued to bill you for non-existent membership?

Either that or their 'minimum' cancellation period is 3 months?

Gym Memberships and Unfair Terms | Consumer Information

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to ARC europe and gym cancellation