Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3982 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Folks

Hope you can give me some advice,

I have Broadband and TalkTalk with Aol, even though I don't use TalkTalk, I still took it out as the BB contract worked out cheaper.

I received a huge bill one day from Aol and they stated it was because the phone was used for international calls, even though I don't use the phone for international calls or even for local as I use my mobile for everything I still paid the bill but instructed AOL that I lived in a shared accommodation so I couldn't monitor the phone at all times and to place a International and premium rated bar on my account, and that it shouldn't be lifted under any circumstances without my consent, I called AOL again after couple of weeks and had to requst it again which the AOL agent assured me it was on the account, I requested him to place clear instructions on my account for it to never be lifted without my consent.

Recently I have had £391.80 taken out by AOL, which I contacted them to question as it left me overdrawn as I didn't have sufficient funds in my account, Aol told me the charges were for International calls, I was furious as I told AOL I have no one to call overseas so don't make international calls, plus I should have a bar on my account; which I have never requested to be lifted, AOL told me back in May my account was suspended and when they restored it the Intl bar was automatically lifted, which I wasn't made aware of, plus I requested AOL cancel my contract back in November and was waiting a MAC code which i was told I would received but still haven't received it. AOL refuse to return the money even though It is their fault and also told them I had made them aware on several occassions that I am in a shared accommodation and to never lift the bar without my consent.

I contacted my bank who filed a DD indeminity and will reverse the money; however if AOL refuse to pay them; they will take the money from my account.

Please advise what I should do as the last call i made was yesterday and was told would get a manager call back even though I spoke to one the night before and got nowhere.

Thank You

I have obtained the complaints procedure from AOL's website and I believe the next step would be to write them a letter

Which would be to:

Complaints Management Team

C/O Member Services

PO Box 387

Southampton

S030 9AL

Would that be correct?

Also would anyone be able to assist or guide me to any letter templates of similar complaints please?

Thank You