"new car" bad paint!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.....I need some advice on this one.

My father has just taken delivery of his brand new Sliver Ford Focus Sport from a Ford Dealer and when he brought it home we notice that the paintwork on the car appeared to have a shady look of it. We took the car to a carbody shop and we were told that the car, when painted originally, had not been given enough paint before it was" lackered".

Dose anyone know if there is anyway of measuring the paintwork on a car to find out if enough paint has been used. I have been told that the Ford Dealer has some way of measuring the thickness of paint.

I want to get the facts before I take this matter further.

whatever happens dont let them respray it, reject the car if you have to. when you come to sell it any buyer who knows what to look for, even if they do a job that looks spot on when first done a couple of years down the line a trained eye will spot a respray a mile off and walk away or offer less than it would otherwise be worth, potentially meaning you wont get as much for it.

is it a light coloured car with the shady bits on the bumpers? i`ve noticed that on every light coloured new mondeo i`ve seen, the bumpers are darker than the rest of the car, they use the wrong coloured primer for the bumpers IMO. thats why i chose black for mine.