BLS Credit Security Ltd and me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My story is this so far. In 2000 i got into substantial debt with my lloyds account, £19500. Since dec 2001 i have been paying BLS each month an agreed payment. In feb this year 2009 i was struggling financially so stopped paying. The payments were reinstated in October 2009. On 17th Dec 2009 Credit security ltd wrote to me asking me to contact me re LLoyds account. (the same account)

My query is what to do next. Bls are receiving payments, although i had not paid for 7 months, and they did not contact me about this.

I am presuming that they have passed this on to ceredit security ltd.

Do i contact credit security ltd and tell them that i am paying BLS or do i cca credit security Ltd ? I am happy to pay the money, just not sure who is handling the account now and dont want to be paying Bls if someone else owns the account now.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I am still not sure what to do about this account.

Credit security LTD are asking for £6000 (the outstanding amount on the agreement), but money is still being paid to BLS.

Do i write to Credit security with "i do not acknowledge any debt with you" and explain that another dca is managing this account?

Do i contact BLS and see if they have passed it on?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Credit security have contacted me again today second letter from them.

"Despite me disregarding all attempts by them to contact me, the are prepared to give me a 70% discount if i pay and settle the account before end of January"

If not then will have no other option but take me to court.

Time for cca letter?

Do i stop payments to BLS, who incidently would not give me any info over the phone when i tried to find out if the debt had been sold on.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Credit security have contacted me again today second letter from them.

"Despite me disregarding all attempts by them to contact me, the are prepared to give me a 70% discount if i pay and settle the account before end of January"

If not then will have no other option but take me to court.

Time for cca letter?

Do i stop payments to BLS, who incidently would not give me any info over the phone when i tried to find out if the debt had been sold on.

Any help would be great. Thanks

i would cca the dca trying to collect ,and then sar bls the oc of the account.

please only contact any of these leaches in writing as they will tell you one thing then do the opposite.

if i cca credit security and they cannot produce the cca, do they refer it back to bls, or does it go back to lloyds because the debt has been sold on?

CCa letter done to credit security, letter to BLS asking for confirmation that they sold the debt on. Meanwhile i will cease payments to BLS, and put the money aside forever who decides to lay official claim to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Update:

Yesterday i got a letter from Halifax thanking me for my statutory request? Never made one! Talked to their complaints department to find that it was credit security ltd aksing on my behalf!

Do halifax own lloyds tsb now? The lady said they have no records on me so were unable to provide info to cred sec ltd.

I have heard nothing from cred sec since my request in january.

No Lloyds own Shallowfax, I believe?

Hmm, Not sure whether it would be best to let sleeping dogs lie or go for the crown jewels??

So CSL have been requesting info from Shallowfax on your behalf? Have you asked CSL to do so?

Unless they mean the CCA request you made, and they failed to supply.

Is there anything on your credit file? If there is any marker put on there by CSL or others for that matter relating to this then I would be telling them to remove it before I took them to court for damages..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Fraud department at Halifax siad that CSL requested a copy of CCA on my behalf. Letter with my adresss and details but sent from CSL. I asked CSL for CCA in Jan, but no response from them.

Nothing on file. No defaults or anything. Should BLS defaulted before selling this on?

I just need to wait to see what CSL do.

Received a letter from CSL today on LLoyds headed paper.

Statement from 4/09-4/10

Loan provided : unavailable interest rate 0%

Terms of agreement :unavailable

Opening balance £6000 or therabouts

Closing Balance £6000 or therabouts minus one payment. ( I made 3)

Says statement does not conatian all information, and if i want it, to contact them again.

Next step.... failure to provide letter and account in dispute letter?

• 3 weeks later...

No, wait for their next threatogramme.

Just been reading back through the thread, can you just confirm that this is for a current account and overdraft? And not a loan or credit card?

Yes, the Loan and Overdraft will fall under the CCA, the current account however, I'm not entirely certain, someone else will be better placed to answer that.

I know that a lot of people will disagree that an overdraft falls under the CCA, and yes it does have certain exemption, but this might back me up :rolleyes:

Esp part 17-22

Coutts & Co v Sebestyen [2005] EWCA Civ 473 (28 April 2005)

When i say current account ,I had a current account that was overdrawn. Each time i became overdrawn my nice bank manager propped me up with a loan or increased my overdraft facility.