Cabot Financial again!!!

beds_male
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year to you all,

Having some problems from Carbot, they are chasing a debt that i am saying is statute-barred as i have not heard anything from the creditor during the relevant limitation period of 6 years.

Recieved a letter this morning that reads as follows.

You've stated that your outstanding balance is statute-barred because the course of action in this matter began more than six years ago.

The debt was last acknowledged by payment of £75 on the 2 October 2002.

Therefore our right to recover the outstanding balance on this account is not statute-barred and we can take action through the courts to recover the outstanding balance, including all interest accrued since 27/3/03.

Now i am sure October 2002 as over 6 years ago, hence why i am saying the debt is staute-barred. Am i missing something here, if so any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

Dear Crabot,

Thank you for acknowledging that any payment to this debt was over 7 years ago. Please hand this letter to someone with a brain or a calculator or both. Now go away and do not bother me anymore.

:D

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Happy new year to you all,

Having some problems from Carbot, they are chasing a debt that i am saying is statute-barred as i have not heard anything from the creditor during the relevant limitation period of 6 years.

Recieved a letter this morning that reads as follows.

You've stated that your outstanding balance is statute-barred because the course of action in this matter began more than six years ago.

The debt was last acknowledged by payment of £75 on the 2 October 2002.

Therefore our right to recover the outstanding balance on this account is not statute-barred and we can take action through the courts to recover the outstanding balance, including all interest accrued since 27/3/03.

Now i am sure October 2002 as over 6 years ago, hence why i am saying the debt is staute-barred. Am i missing something here, if so any advice would be appreciated.

Mark

Dear Cabot, tahnk you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx the contents have been noted.

I am most grateful that you have confirmed that the last acknowledgement of the debt was In October 2002, and that you have confirmed that this account is in fact Statute Barred and as such completely unenforceable.

I trust this resolves any business you may feel you have with me and would take this opportunity to advise you that now that we have fully established the status of this account, any further demands from yourselves will result in complaints being levied with OFT, Trading Standards and FSA.

Yours etc..... (add lots of kisses)

Obviously keep this letter VERY safe, it's a doozy, you might wish to include a copy of it with your reply and of course obtain prrof of posting/delivery

Great stuff

Yeah i have just sent off the letter (recorded delivery) to Cabot, and have also emailed them the same letter, so they know what they are getting. Might even throw in an abacus or calculator so they can get the sums right. As for the CSA, am in the process of reporting them, slap on the wrist for Cabot i hope!!!

I'm sure your letter will do the trick, but it's always worth mentioning that you won't be paying, since the OFT Guidance allows DCAs to pursue statute-barred debt until they are made aware that no funds will be forthcoming.

Their untrue and misleading statement that they can enforce through the courts is disgraceful, and should be the subject of a complaint - I'd put money on them claiming an 'admin error' though.

Save yourself a bit of time and send an email to Ken Maynard at Cabot, carefully explain that 2 (2002) + 6 (statue of limitations) = 8 (2008)

Therefore, by Cabots own admission the debt is statue-barred.

P.S also wish him a Happy 2010 from the CFC ;)

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

How do i go about making a complaint and to who, as a newbie on here i have no idea where to go, or how to put in the complaint.

Post 7 in this thread ;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Just received a reply from crapbot today which reads as follows.

We confirm that this account is not statute barred due to previous information received regarding a bankruptcy order ref VA***** dated 10 November 2003.

In order to investigate this matter further we require a sight of the bankruptcy papers.

As i have never been made bankrupt, or have no idea what or where these so called papers are, how do i reply to these ****.

Thanks in advance

If you'd been made BR suerly they can't chase the alleged account :rolleyes:

Unless it was outside of the BR.

Personally I'd reply stating you will not be providing them with anything, its not your responsibility but you will however be forwarding their letters to the OFT.

S.

Just received a reply from crapbot today which reads as follows.

We confirm that this account is not statute barred due to previous information received regarding a bankruptcy order ref VA***** dated 10 November 2003.

In order to investigate this matter further we require a sight of the bankruptcy papers.

As i have never been made bankrupt, or have no idea what or where these so called papers are, how do i reply to these ****.

Thanks in advance

NOvember 2003 + 6yrs = Statute barred, with or without a BR this debt is dead inn the water, tell them very simply to Foxtrot Oscar and report them to all and sundry, you have told them where you stand, they have lied, either in the first letter or the second, (only one of them can be a mistake) either way they have lied and should now be punished

Recieved a letter from Crapbot today....

We apologise for the previously incorrect information regarding bankruptcy on this account.

We now acknowledge that your account is statute barred and so governed by the limitation act 1980. Under the OFT guindelines it is accepted that legally the debt still exists but that collections must in no way be contrary to section 40(1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Whilst we don't consider our actions to have breached any law or regulatory guideline, your account has been withdrawn from our regular collections process.

Now that was to easy, was expecting more of a fight with them, but they seem to finally realise that the last payment was in 2002 and as its now 2010, more than 6 years has passed. Maybe someone found a calculator.

Just want to say thanks to all who posted and helped me out with Crapbot, and keep up the good work.

M

hey, im also having problems with a debt that is well over 6 years old, any help on what do to next would be very much appreciated.. i recieved a letter from rockwell dca, acting on behalf of tessera portfolio mgment., this letter stated i owe them a large amount of money, this was a loan owed to intelligent finance, iv since sent them a letter stating its statute barred, to which they replied i made a payment on jan 1st 2005, i have no knowledge of this payment what so ever, and asked them in another letter to prove this and again stated i belive this debt to be statute barred, they have now sent me a copy of a statement listing all payments on this account which could of been printed on any standard pc.. and this payment is for £1 on jan 18th 2005, i have never made a £1 payment to anyone in my life, plus they have given 2 different dates for this payment, what would be my next move concerning this issue,,any help much appreciated...thanks...

was it a DD? if so you would have to sign one. £1 what an odd amount, when was your last payment before this and was it for more than a pound? i reckon they're at IT! just keep asking for proof and remember never give them your signature as im sure they will put it to a constructive use. Keep this account in dispute that way that cant do scooby!