o2 Broadband charge £50 for router

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently cancelled my o2 broadband and they informed me that if they didnt get the router back they would charge me £50 so I posted it back to them in the prepaid envelope (which was back in November) I got proof of postage, and today I get an email from them saying that they havn't received it and if they dont get it within 7 days they will charge me £50 and I now cannot find the proof of postage. What can I do as I deffinately sent it and I have lost the proof of postage.

I recently cancelled my o2 broadband and they informed me that if they didnt get the router back they would charge me £50 so I posted it back to them in the prepaid envelope (which was back in November) I got proof of postage, and today I get an email from them saying that they havn't received it and if they dont get it within 7 days they will charge me £50 and I now cannot find the proof of postage. What can I do as I deffinately sent it and I have lost the proof of postage.

Hi I sent them a very nice email that went like this

I have definately sent the router back to yourselves, why would i not send it knowing it would result in a £50 charge?? Why dont you go check your own post or whatever and you will find that as i said i sent it and either it has got lost in the post or lost at your end, which neither are my fault. I did exactly what you asked and posted the router in the big white envelope and i will not be paying any £50 charge. I dont have proof of postage as I sent it at the end of November and having not heard anything from you till now thought everythin was ok I wont be paying the £50 charge and if you want to take me to court im sure the post office I sent it from would provide video evidence of me posting it and im sure that they will have a record of it.

Which they replied

Thanks for getting back to us.

I?m afraid the first email we sent you yesterday was an error. So please

disregard our earlier reply to you.

So you don?t need to send back our wireless box or proof of postage. And

you won?t be charged for the cost of our equipment.

I?m sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

Kind regards

Amit

Broadband Customer Liaison Advisor

O2 Broadband - Home and Mobile Broadband, made better

Maybe they just like to try it on with people I wonder how many people they have done this to, that have paid the £50 charge :eek: