Urgent - Court Action Threatened by Welcome Finance

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

This is now really urgent as our defence needs to be filed in 24 hours!

We have received a letter back from SCM telling us that they have never received a request for the CCA. I know that my sister did not send them registered, but that means that THREE letters, to different address, failed to arrive? C'mon, even with our postal service that's difficult to believe!

They have now sent a copy of the CCA (which I haven't yet seen) and requested a statement to be sent to us (again, I haven't seen this if it has arrived).

So our defence is:

They failed to notify us of a change of payment method until such point as I wrote to them requesting clarification.

The previous DCA failed to make payments on time to them, which has incurred additional charges (as well as taking a small amount per transaction for themselves).

Therefore, we believe that the alleged arrears is incorrect as the charges levied are incorrect ergo interest accrued is incorrectly calculated.

The PPI was mis-sold to my brother-in-law due to his mental illness, and diabetes, as well as other reasons (not sold by a financially qualified person, as well as having adequate cover at work). [i don't know whether I can use this as a defence!]

So, I have absolutely no idea how to form/write our defence - if you can give me any pointers or links to research this I would be very grateful.

TIA

Laitty