Breastfeeding laws..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is getting out of context again, I got the link I was after, it's helped me with my case, and my studies (I'm a law student) - I've put my view across, and you've questioned my views. Breastfeeding is my son's only nutrition, it's a big part of his life, and mine, and I like to share that lovely part of life with family and friends. Just as I will share pictures of him eating his first birthday cake, and wearing his first school uniform. For many women, breastfeeding is a big acheivment, something that they are very proud of, and sharing that with others is perfectly understandable.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting out of context again, I got the link I was after, it's helped me with my case, and my studies (I'm a law student) - I've put my view across, and you've questioned my views. Breastfeeding is my son's only nutrition, it's a big part of his life, and mine, and I like to share that lovely part of life with family and friends. Just as I will share pictures of him eating his first birthday cake, and wearing his first school uniform. For many women, breastfeeding is a big acheivment, something that they are very proud of, and sharing that with others is perfectly understandable.

Sorry but I now can't get the Little Britain sketch out of my head

Bitty :D

Bitty! lol!

Urinating is a big part of my life, but I do not expect other people to take interest in my amazing natural ability. In fact I belive I can be put on the sex offenders register if I demonstrate my bodily functions in public.

It's not a big acheivment, its just part of life, part that most people really don't care to see.

Bitty! lol!

Urinating is a big part of my life, but I do not expect other people to take interest in my amazing natural ability. In fact I belive I can be put on the sex offenders register if I demonstrate my bodily functions in public.

It's not a big acheivment, its just part of life, part that most people really don't care to see.

Not a big acheivment?? How ignorant can you be?! Have you any idea how many women struggle with it, reduced to tears and sometimes just give up because of what they go through trying to breastfeed?

Everyone can urinate. You wouldn't want to take photos of it - but there are women who genuinly want to share their acheivment with other women in the same boat.

I don't do facebook - question - when you log on are you confronted with images of breastfeeding women or do you have to search?

I thought My Real Name made a lot of sense, although, using the bowel comparison, by the same token breastfeeding is about as offensive as watching someone having a cup of tea. I really can't understand why it would bother anyone at all.

I don't do facebook - question - when you log on are you confronted with images of breastfeeding women or do you have to search?

I thought My Real Name made a lot of sense, although, using the bowel comparison, by the same token breastfeeding is about as offensive as watching someone having a cup of tea. I really can't understand why it would bother anyone at all.

No, only your friends see the images, and even then, only if they choose to go and look at your photos.

At the risk of creating an oxymoron with my other post, there is nothing wrong with breastfeeding (it's the best thing to happen to a man, no getting up in the night to share the feeding and it was a wonderful picture of contentment watching my wife feed), but it can and should be done discretely in public places.

There is nothing wrong with sharing it amongst friends if that is what they want and it's not on general view.

I was just about to respond - oh well

But to clarify to 'anyone' who may try and argue the point

You join Facebook YOU abide by IT'S Ts and Cs. If you don't like it - deactivate your account.

Several posts in this thread have been moderated. A seasoned debate can take place without the need to exchange insults. Whilst we are discussing the website rules, please refer to our forum rules here.

Continued breaches will result in moderation of member's accounts.

DeathbyCrayons - apologies if you have had to witness the hijacking of your thread.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Your right My Real Name, you can always try and sway their opinion but no legal standing to do so.

It's like you knocking on my door and asking me to change my curtains as you don't like the colour of them!

Fact: Websites are NOT above the law

No forum or website can do what they want, you might want to look at this CAG forum being sued for libel, as a wake up call to your idiocy ...

ALL corporations are liable to legislation & prosecution, in ANY country they operate in.

& yes anyone has a right to expressing themselves as they SEE FIT, if it doesnt contravene current law or regulations

Facebook or anyone have NO rights whatsoever in VIOLATING the OP's right to post as SHE SEE'S FIT, as she is in no way violating current law

She can feed her child as is her right, & post as she likes, as is her right

Then lets see the law that states a website cannot restict what it's members (that agreed to abide by it's terms and conditions on joining) can and can't post.

Whereas I agree that morally they may have an obligation to listen to their members that is as far as it goes. Looking at opinion on here it's mostly people that don't want to see these images so for once Facebook seem to have their policy correct.

Fact: Websites are NOT above the law

No forum or website can do what they want, you might want to look at this CAG forum being sued for libel, as a wake up call to your idiocy ...

ALL corporations are liable to legislation & prosecution, in ANY country they operate in.

& yes anyone has a right to expressing themselves as they SEE FIT, if it doesnt contravene current law or regulations

Facebook or anyone have NO rights whatsoever in VIOLATING the OP's right to post as SHE SEE'S FIT, as she is in no way violating current law

She can feed her child as is her right, & post as she likes, as is her right

Utter rubbish...

If Facebook have decided that they don't wish people to post naked or semi naked pictures then that is their decision, to join Facebook you agree to the T & C's, no laws have been broken..there is no law that states websites must allow pictures of breastfeeding !

Andy

• Haha 1

Utter rubbish...

If Facebook have decided that they don't wish people to post naked or semi naked pictures then that is their decision, to join Facebook you agree to the T & C's, no laws have been broken..there is no law that states websites must allow pictures of breastfeeding !

Andy

Can I just say.... there is no semi-nakedness in breastfeeding photos - you don't see any more of the breast than you would of a woman wearing a low cut top.

Can I just say.... there is no semi-nakedness in breastfeeding photos - you don't see any more of the breast than you would of a woman wearing a low cut top.

Thats prob true, but thats the catagory that Facebook would place them in rightly or wrongly.

Andy

Thats prob true, but thats the catagory that Facebook would place them in rightly or wrongly.

Andy

That's the whole point!! That they SHOULDN'T place it in a 'nudity' category, as it's not nudity, obscene, etc. That's the while point of my post.

What puzzles me is if, as has been said, you can't just stumble across pictures but actually have to seek them out? And then be offended and protest they're offensive? I'm not a 'Facebooker' and it's this what I can't understand.

What puzzles me is if, as has been said, you can't just stumble across pictures but actually have to seek them out? And then be offended and protest they're offensive? I'm not a 'Facebooker' and it's this what I can't understand.

Yes you actually have to be a friend of somebody who has put the pictures up. Like I said, even then you have to choose to look at them. I don't see how it would offend anyone as the only people who see the pictures are 'friends' or family who have added you on facebook.

That's the whole point!! That they SHOULDN'T place it in a 'nudity' category, as it's not nudity, obscene, etc. That's the while point of my post.

I think some people would disagree with you, personally I couldnt care either way.

Andy