Monument

mijit53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i have i sent off my first letter and received a letter offering me 1/3rd of my claim i wrote back refusing and advising if they offered me £740 (i was claiming £920) then i would accept only because it would clear my card off. They accepted and now my card is paid off. My boyfriend has an account with them and despite 3 letters they have chosen to ignore all of them so taking them to court

• 4 months later...

Hi All

Happy New Year

Has anyone had any dealings with Monumnet credit card which l believe is part of Barclays

I have a card with them and they are deigging their heels in with no offer at all.

any help or guidance would be gratefully received.

regards

Mike

• 2 months later...

Where??? I'm trying to get my fees back from Monument after 2 year battle - they sent me over and didn't send statements for a year and refused my phone calls (just put the phone down - and I only asked a question!!) has any one won with them yet? I'm looking for threads on this but have yet to find one!

good luck and I'll up date my original post if I find anything out but if anyone else has any info please let me know.

Where??? I'm trying to get my fees back from Monument after 2 year battle - they sent me over and didn't send statements for a year and refused my phone calls (just put the phone down - and I only asked a question!!) has any one won with them yet? I'm looking for threads on this but have yet to find one!

good luck and I'll up date my original post if I find anything out but if anyone else has any info please let me know.

I won. They paid up the week before we were due in court. I got my statement through yesterday and it was lovely to see that it had gone down by £500!!!

I didnt have any communication with them at all. They ignored all my letters. The first letter I got was when they said they were going to pay up rather than go to court.

Good luck, you will win.

Wow, congratulations! this is good to hear, thanks for replying.

hmmm. can I asked some questions?

how did you get to the court bit if they ignored your letters? Did they just send a letter to say a court date? Did you stop payments to force them to court?

I'm new to this and confess to being rather scared. I'm on my own and no family to help or egg me on!

If they took off the £500 of charges (there error that started it all off and didn't notify me either!) I would only owe them £200 which I would pay off very soon just so I can get rid of them.... fingers crossed!

thanks for your help

Wow, congratulations! this is good to hear, thanks for replying.

hmmm. can I asked some questions?

how did you get to the court bit if they ignored your letters? Did they just send a letter to say a court date? Did you stop payments to force them to court?

I'm new to this and confess to being rather scared. I'm on my own and no family to help or egg me on!

If they took off the £500 of charges (there error that started it all off and didn't notify me either!) I would only owe them £200 which I would pay off very soon just so I can get rid of them.... fingers crossed!

thanks for your help

Hi Runnycustard

The first thing I am going to say to you is to read the FAQ and get yourself up to speed with the process. You have to know what you are doing and follow it to the letter or else you could get your claim thrown out.

In a nutshell -

I sent a letter (templates can be found in the template library) saying that i wanted my money back for the charges and they had 14 in which to reply. I also send copies of all my statements showing the charges.

No reply from Monument

14 days later I sent another letter called Letter before action (LBA) giving them another 14 days to repay all my money or I will go to court.

No reply from Monument

14 days later I then filed a court form with the local courts and waited for a hearing date.

Nothing from Monument.

I received an Allocation Questionaire from the court, filled it in and returned it.

I then got a court date from the courts. Feb 26th at 2.00pm me and Monument were due in court.

Saturday 17th Feb I received a letter from Monument saying they were paying up.

Please read all the FAQ and read up on the procedure as you have to follow everything to the letter or you can get your claim struck out.

If you need to know anything just ask as this is a very supportive forum and there is always somebody around who can help and give advice and support.

NEVER miss a payment to them, they will send your account to the debt collectors and that is a major hassle. Keep paying them whilst you are going through all this.

I now owe them £300 after they took the £500 I was claiming for off my statement. I cant wait to close the account!

Good luck and I will keep my fingers crossed!

Hi Runnycustard I also have a claim with monument. They are a pain to deal with. I have actually just stopped making payments to them as they are in breach of a CCA section 78 request and also (from what I have read but am no expert - still reading a great thread on this) CCA section 85. They have been a pain and yes they have sent my account to a DCA even though it is in default!! naughty naughty. Have got a lot on with them but will slog on as will be worth it in the end. As innocenti saiddo everything by the book stick to your own time table even if you get no response from them and make sure you send all letters by recorded delivery. They will cave in in the end and you will get your money.

Good luck I will keep watching your thread so keep us all updated

Mrs H

Hi, after some advice. Sent letter to Monument asking for charges to be returned, got a reply this morning with an offer of 50%, now not sure what to do, wether to accept or not. They say this will be the only offer.

It is up to you and if you feel it is a fair amount. I claimed back on 2 other credit cards and they offered me just over 50% of what I was claiming so I accepted. I know some people say it is your money and you should claim the lot, but as they were only for about £70 I accepted.

If you feel that 50% is a good offer then take it, if not fight on.

I only took Monument all the way as they never replied to any of my letters.

I have just realised that they are only taking into consideration the charges before they reduced them. In other words only the charges that are for £24 and not including those at £12, i calculate it to be £312 they say it is £216. Do you think i should contest this or can you point me in the right direction.

thanks all for your response... I wasn't able to log onto this site for awhile (database error?). I'll be sending my 2nd letter tomorrow by recorded delivery - I think that's the only reason I got a response from them as over the last two years I've sent 15+ letters and heard nothing... some agents said they had them others said no... I was also told that they can only view your account details for the last 3 months!!! yet another time they could tell me info on 8 months before!!! I'll keep you posted on any developments. good luck all.

Monument

The Portland Building

25 High Street

Crawley

West Sussex

RH10 1BG

This is the one i have been using, seem to be getting quick response so far (although don't want to speak so soon lol :lol: ) Just sent a refusal/part acceptance letter and awaiting a reply, wonder if it will be as quick. They try to only include the charges above £12 the ones applied to your account before they put them down last year, but from what i have been told you can still claim these ones back.

Good luck with whatever you do and hope you have a good outcome:)

Thanks for the quick reply, been scanning the net all i could find is that their owned by Barclays.

I've won cases against Natwest and capital one before christmas , now am on the rappage against another 6 card companies.

Thanks again for your help :)

Dave

How did your Capital one fight go? I have asked them for my statements but not yet recieved them. I have however got a years worth of statements with just over £300 in charges on them so i'm just going to ask for that back. I also have another 4 cards between my husband and myself that i am in the process of doing as well as Abbey which is the main one with £2000 and counting. :)

Capital one was sorted within a couple of months and i settled for £150 out of £180 as i only had the card around a year. With Natwest i had a order statements which i did from my branch they arrived within a week. I took them to court and they settled in full plus abit extra :) amounted to just under £2800.

Good luck with your cases :)

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I logged a court action against Monument 13 april and last night was the 28th day that they have to say they are defending - I checked mycol at 5.10pm last night and it still said acknowledge... today... Defence! which had the date 16th april?????- B*&&^^^ks :mad:

So I guess I'm waiting for a court date... and some form to fill in!?

But so far I've heard that people get paid a couple of days before the court date.... how far away will this be? another month... what about the backlog? This could go on for months! :|

Oh well... a step nearer to getting rid of monument has to be good! :D

• 1 month later...

This is the one I used.

Nicola Colyer

Customer Relations Department

The Portland Building

25 The High Street

Crawley

West Sussex

RH10 1BG

The refusal letter said to write back to this person so I did.

I've got my court date now - had to wait a month after the mycol bit ended after they defended at the last minute.

6th September - quite a way off but at least I see the light at the end of the tunnel! on this site & MSE they say people are getting paid a week before the court date... hoooraaahhh... can't wait.

I will only owe them £100 which I will pay straight away.. I will never go with Barclays or any company attached to them again. £500 charges for being two days late with a payment - and I rang to tell them that this was going to happen and they said fine... I bet it was... for them!!!

good luck

• 1 month later...